Ron Duguay off Rangers coverage on MSG

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Well, Amanda's gone.

Looks like @Inferno needs to bust out his blonde wig again and go audition.

If life has taught us anything, it's that we should go for the job --- even we aren't remotely qualified for it.

Reactions: Inferno

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I wish Richter was an option. He has a terrific personality, knows the game, the team, and is incredibly smart.

Reactions: nevesis

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don't care if he's actually smart. I think his breakdown of the game actually has some value as opposed to Michelletti's knack for judging how tired penalty killers are and inaccurately reporting if a puck went straight in or was tipped.
Yea, I agree. His breakdowns are great.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Well, Amanda's gone.

Looks like @Inferno needs to bust out his blonde wig again and go audition.

If life has taught us anything, it's that we should go for the job --- even we aren't remotely qualified for it.

Wasn't a fan of hers either. This is a big position to cover the number 1 market. Is there no one qualified for it?

Reactions: Loff

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Wasn't a fan of hers either. This is a big position to cover the number 1 market. Is there no one qualified for it?

I think most people would be surprised, if not shocked, by how much certain positions pay.

Not that I claim to know Amanda’s salary, nor would I share that information if I did. But based on my experience, many of these positions do not pay a ton — especially when factoring in cost of living.

People will sometimes ask why in the world I left what many would consider their dream job. There’s your answer.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_19-21-19.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-21_19-21-19.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 30

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Give Valiquette more airtime, it will lead to him being poached by Rogers/Sportsnet eventually though. He's one of the best and will get a national gig eventually if he wants one.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Guys a throwback. Dugie's done well for himself on and off the ice. Had a nice run on TV. The shirts, chest hair, mullet, I liked the anachronox.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can Stepan retire and just join the MSG hockey team?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Dugay was okay but he definitely had grown stale.

Hopefully they can bring someone else in with a fresh perspective. I'd love for it to be Leetch, he has been terrific any time he's appeared as an analyst. Maybe MSL? Maybe rotate a few of these kinds of guys.

I just feel like too many of these studio analysts fall into the trap of cliches and predictable analysis.

That's why Valiquette is good, he brings a fresh perspective and tries to incorporate interesting stats and analytics without being "too much" of a stat guy. Definitely a fan of his.

BTW LOL at Dugay quote tweeting the worst twitter person of all time (literally) in his thanks to the fans tweet. That guy is trash.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You can't hold a chair down forever Doogs. We have other retirees to support. As long as it's not Anson Carter replacing him. I hope they give Valiquette more airtime. He's one of the best new guys at breaking down the subtleties of the game.

No. Valiquette is solid at breaking down goaltending. That's it. His analysis in every other area is sub-par at best (and completely biased towards the goaltending position). I'm totally cool keeping him around, but having him as the main guy to offer analysis would be a disservice to fans trying to understand the game.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
No. Valiquette is solid at breaking down goaltending. That's it. His analysis in every other area is sub-par at best (and completely biased towards the goaltending position). I'm totally cool keeping him around, but having him as the main guy to offer analysis would be a disservice to fans trying to understand the game.
I don't really see How you can breakdown the goaltending without explaining what the rest of the play is and how it's developing. I have to admit, I was spoiled by JD and Sam in his prime. Everyone else is a far far distant second.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't really see How you can breakdown the goaltending without explaining what the rest of the play is and how it's developing. I have to admit, I was spoiled by JD and Sam in his prime. Everyone else is a far far distant second.

Which is what my problem with Valley is. Valley consistently incorrectly explains defensive and forward positioning when talking about where the play went wrong on a goal against. It's just not a strong suit for him and I doubt that changes.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Would love to see Richter try. He's gregarious and obviously smart with the game.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Valiquette is likely the most overrated analyst right now, and nothing would surprise me more, considering the way this organization is run, would be if the Rangers FO were using his insights.

They are bad.

Bring AV in for the lulz. Or Nash for the eye contact. Or Avery for the shenanigans. Or any random former player. But honestly, why do people even watch intermission or post-game anyway? It's all the same recycled garbage.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Valiquette is likely the most overrated analyst right now, and nothing would surprise me more, considering the way this organization is run, would be if the Rangers FO were using his insights.

They are bad.

Hmm...Is there anything to elaborate on? I thought he was liked and respected by the statistical people here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad