Ron Duguay off Rangers coverage on MSG

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
But honestly, why do people even watch intermission or post-game anyway? It's all the same recycled garbage.
Love the post-game, I can't have a season without it. Mostly for the player interviews but I also like the game analysis. I can do without Giannone's pointless speech though, or anything Trautwig I really hate that guy

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Valiquette is likely the most overrated analyst right now, and nothing would surprise me more, considering the way this organization is run, would be if the Rangers FO were using his insights.

They are bad.

Bring AV in for the lulz. Or Nash for the eye contact. Or Avery for the shenanigans. Or any random former player. But honestly, why do people even watch intermission or post-game anyway? It's all the same recycled garbage.
I watch the MSG 150 in case I missed something on Reddit or Twitter that day (as I inevitably see 75% of the things Pidto shows ahead of time anyway). That's about it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ron Duguay: Getting dumped by MSG has been ‘difficult’

“It’s been difficult for me as I walk through MSG or on the streets of NYC because while I was there for opening night for the whole week participating in events surrounding the start of the season, I’m having to answer to so many people as to why I am not coming back,” Duguay told The Post.

“The reason for that is that MSG was not clear to the fans and media on why I was not coming back. They made it appear like it was a mutual agreement and that I wanted to do other things. That was not the case at all.”

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/ron-duguay-getting-dumped-by-msg-has-been-difficult/

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I’m wasn’t big on Duguay but I’ll take him over boring Carter or dry Vally any day. Give me a guy with some character at least. Bring back Avery and Prust - have some laughs at least.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm sorry for the Duguay fans here but tho I liked him as a player as he was a good Ranger, as a broadcaster he was terrible. He brought nothing to the table other than some horrible looking outfits and he looked so out of place.

I'm not sure Valliquette adds much more either but he's a tad better than Duguay. I dunno, it's really not a big deal at all. The only one to me who adds anything to the broadcast teams besides Sam and Micheletti is Dave Maloney who actually does do some pretty decent interviews.

Not sure if Al Trautwig has gotten his shit together but I for one wouldn't mind him back if the Rangers would have him, as I liked him. Hopefully he's better these days as to this day I'm not sure we have been told what happened to him other than he looked terrible physically the last time we saw him.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I actually thought Vally did an excellent job when he filled in as the locker room reporter the one time this season. He asked great questions that illicited substantive answers from the players.

For as long as he's been with the team and MSG I have no idea if John Giannone knows anything about the sport by the questions he asks. He's terrific on the desk in the Trautwig role though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->