WWE: Roman Reigns suspended 30 days for violating wellness policy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On a related note, Reigns' suspension will likely cost him around $100,000 or more as WWE talents to not get paid any of their wrestling pay while suspended and Reigns was booked in the main event of every live event on his tour. Reigns got lucky as he won't be missing any pay-per-view payoffs. WWE talents do get paid based on merchandise sold while suspended and any royalties but also don't get paid their downside guarantees while suspended.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
On a related note, Reigns' suspension will likely cost him around $100,000 or more as WWE talents to not get paid any of their wrestling pay while suspended and Reigns was booked in the main event of every live event on his tour. Reigns got lucky as he won't be missing any pay-per-view payoffs. WWE talents do get paid based on merchandise sold while suspended and any royalties but also don't get paid their downside guarantees while suspended.

I was at the house show last saturday, and nobody was buying his crap. People really love the Becky Lynch goggles and Sasha Banks bling though. Cena, Ambrose, and Rollins shirts also seemed to sell at a pretty good rate.

PolishBingo

King Pierogie IV
Jan 9, 2006
Heard this morning it was fat burners. IDK?

UTC_new.jpg

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
If it's even true, it's silly. These are grown men and women. Why would anyone have to make them apologize? It's not like it's school or something. He's not the first nor will he be the last to fail a drug test. If anything, it gives other guys more air time. They should be thanking him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If it's even true, it's silly. These are grown men and women. Why would anyone have to make them apologize? It's not like it's school or something. He's not the first nor will he be the last to fail a drug test. If anything, it gives other guys more air time. They should be thanking him.

Grown men and women can be held accountable by management if they deem it necessary and grown men and women can face the music in such situations. I don't see anything wrong with it and he's not forced to apologize either. They may strongly suggest it and he probably acquiesced because he feels remorse for his mistake but he's not forced to. He could've easily walked out if he didn't want to apologize. A lot of this is how the business values their top guy and feel that person is in a position of responsibility. In most cases, it's true because that guy is supposed to be the draw and the biggest reason why anyone on the card gets the amount of money on their check that they do. It's not in Roman's case because of his lack of drawing power but that doesn't mean they don't treat the people in the spot any differently.

I don't remember where Orton was on the card when he failed but I don't remember him being champion when it happened and I don't know if he was pushed into making an apology either. But even that's not really the same because even then Cena was the draw. Roman is supposed to be the draw at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I imagine WWE isn't random with their testing and the talent (especially on Roman's level) have some warning it's coming.

So Roman is at worst an idiot here. We will have a better idea of how the higher ups actually feel when we see how Roman is booked post Battleground.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I imagine WWE isn't random with their testing and the talent (especially on Roman's level) have some warning it's coming.

So Roman is at worst an idiot here. We will have a better idea of how the higher ups actually feel when we see how Roman is booked post Battleground.
You mean at best. At worst he's a Jeff Hardy level meth head.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I was at the house show last saturday, and nobody was buying his crap. People really love the Becky Lynch goggles and Sasha Banks bling though. Cena, Ambrose, and Rollins shirts also seemed to sell at a pretty good rate.

Good. :nod:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I mean, it has a substance thats on WWE's banned list. So reigns was still dumb either way.

I completely agree with that he was dumb

But in hindsight, the fact he had to apologize for taking Adderall is funny

I mean sure
It was idiotic of him to take it when it's on the banned list, when he's positioned that high in the company
But to apologize to his peers for what he took ? I can't help but laugh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad