WWE: Roman Reigns suspended 30 days for violating wellness policy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That's also assuming it was steroids, which many in this thread are irresponsibly doing

There is honestly little difference for this. A Wellness Policy violation is a Wellness Policy violation. People know it's there and the actual substance isn't going to matter much to how it affects him. It will mean less as time goes on and eventually forgotten about. He's not the first guy, he won't be the last guy. In the context of WWE, it's not even that big of a deal. 30 days is nothing. Titus got twice as much for screwing around. lol

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I read a stat somewhere that kane has done the most house shows year by year for the last 3 years. Pretty amazing. His body shape hasn't changed much over the years.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He's second in tenure behind Taker I think, and I imagine he's also one of the oldest, although R-Truth is up there years as well, no?

Either way, very impressive what Kane's managed to do, even though he isn't as visible lately.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Someone on Reddit discovered a loophole in WWE's wellness policy. Someone who performs regularly in the ring is subject to testing. Part-time stars and injured superstars are exempt until they return based off the wording.

S A W F T*

Someone on Reddit discovered a loophole in WWE's wellness policy. Someone who performs regularly in the ring is subject to testing. Part-time stars and injured superstars are exempt until they return based off the wording.

How is regularly defined though

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Full-time would be a safe assumption.

Full thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...teresting_observation_about_the_wwe_wellness/

WWE's wellness policy also has a "therapeutic use exception".

The first change is that WWE talent may request a Therapeutic Use Exception (TUE) for substances banned under the policy if (i) it is needed for a legitimate medical purpose and a prescription for its usage has been obtained from their doctor, (ii) the use of the drug is required for more than 60 days, (iii) the medical need for the prescription and for the prescribed dosage is documented in accordance with standards and practices commonly accepted within the United States medical community; and (iv) the medical need is confirmed by WWE's Medical Director, Dr. Joseph Maroon.

Other key points about WWE's new policy on TUEs:

- Maroon has the power to make WWE talent see other physicians and make them undergo further medical testing to prove their need for a TUE.
- The continuing need for any TUE granted by Maroon will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
- A urine sample which is found to contain a prohibited drug will not be deemed to be a positive test result if it was provided by a WWE performer with an approved TUE for that prohibited drug.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
He's second in tenure behind Taker I think, and I imagine he's also one of the oldest, although R-Truth is up there years as well, no?

Either way, very impressive what Kane's managed to do, even though he isn't as visible lately.

Yup and goldust also. Goldust attributes a lot of his success to diet.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I am suddenly remembering that JBL kept saying Roman's title reign had an asterisk next to it, which is provides a whole new level of crushing irony to this situation.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I am suddenly remembering that JBL kept saying Roman's title reign had an asterisk next to it, which is provides a whole new level of crushing irony to this situation.

Maybe if you think of it like the UFC, I guess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince McMahon made the call to have Ambrose cash in at MITB.

Apparently, HHH wanted Ambrose to cash in towards the end of the match and pin either competitor, but Vince made the call for Rollins to pin Reigns first and was adamant about it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
After watching the WWE 24, you can tell Vince is a big fan of Rollins. Seth is cocky but always backs it up, makes sense Vince would like him.

Probably also wanted to send a message to Roman.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Vince McMahon made the call to have Ambrose cash in at MITB.

Apparently, HHH wanted Ambrose to cash in towards the end of the match and pin either competitor, but Vince made the call for Rollins to pin Reigns first and was adamant about it.

Vince made the right call then.

You know Roman's going down..might as well let him build up (however slightly) on his way to a quick vacation.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Wait it was Vince who demanded that Seth go over first? Might need to slightly rethink my opinion of him.

Hopefully Seth goes over again at Battleground.

S A W F T*

Random question... do wrestlers still get paid for merchandise sales while suspended?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I wonder how does a wellness policy violation impact wrestlers' future contracts. I remember Roman talking about how he'd get rich after becoming a champion.

A better role model and face of the company every month...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
WWE ordered Reigns to go into the locker room last week to apologize to everyone before he was flown home. There were mixed reactions to it. The person who first told me about it said that Mark Carrano ordered Reigns to do it, which means it came from Paul Levesque and not Vince McMahon’s side. They felt there was no need to humiliate him like that but others didn’t have the same reaction.

"I'm not a bad guy. I'm not a good guy. I'm just really sorry guys."
"AJ STYLES: See, that wasn't so hard! Your turn, Gallows..."

"I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm an idiot"
"JERICHO: A STUPID STUPID IDIOT"
:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad