Roll Call - Isles/Devils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just worried about beating the Isles Saturday night. We usually come out flat in the first game of the season, or Marty has a real rusty game. Especially since he had no preseason work. The Isles haven't won a home opener since like 95 I think. The Devils are notorious for becoming footnotes in the breaking of milestones for other teams. It was this team that gave the Isles their first road win of the season last year almost two months in.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
is there going to be a HF meetup between periods or something? i might break my rules and swing by, so you can all put a face to the Pejorative Slured comments

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
225 as usual.

Also, that's usually where we meet up during the 1st intermission.

Lou's Koolaid

I live here
Jan 12, 2007
KWT660
17,625 but, i won't be among them only in spirit. However going to see the Dallas Stars home opener tonight. Ahh love me some hockey!

RHilla619

Jan 4, 2010
Marlboro
agreed there should have been more publicity about opening night during saturday's game to help move tickets, but I think the main reason there wasn't was bc even though it was on MSG it was an Islanders broadcast. I mean if the home and away teams were switched on saturday would you expect Chico and Cangelosi to be promoting the Islanders opener during their broadcast?

I'm also suprised there's no promos for Tuesday's game, like the living social deal for Friday's game vs the Caps. Kind of seems like Friday will be the sell out with the "home opener" vibe to it, and Tuesday will be lackluster unfortunately. So many tickets on ticketmaster (at crazy prices) and stubhub, I doubt it will be a sell out.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
agreed there should have been more publicity about opening night during saturday's game to help move tickets, but I think the main reason there wasn't was bc even though it was on MSG it was an Islanders broadcast. I mean if the home and away teams were switched on saturday would you expect Chico and Cangelosi to be promoting the Islanders opener during their broadcast?
I'm also suprised there's no promos for Tuesday's game, like the living social deal for Friday's game vs the Caps. Kind of seems like Friday will be the sell out with the "home opener" vibe to it, and Tuesday will be lackluster unfortunately. So many tickets on ticketmaster (at crazy prices) and stubhub, I doubt it will be a sell out.

I am talking about on the Devils broadcast on MSG+2.

After each period the Devils paid for 2 ads, one was for the 13-game plans and the other for upcoming shows at The Rock.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I think they should have paid for an advertisement of the home opener too somehow that mentioned free puck night too.

Do we want to be the only team in the league that does not sellout their home opener?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Aside from the lightly promoted puck night, I am surprised to hear of no other home opener promos.

Teams like Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Boston highly promoted things like free concessions, discounted merchandise, player greetings, etc well in advance to their home openers (Pittsburgh like us still has not played it).

I am sure most other teams did too.

Overall, I like what the Devils have done for their season ticket holders, but it's also important that they take care of their single game buying tickets-who are potentially their future season ticket holders.

I would announce the first two games are college nights for the upper (200) level, $30 for the Philly game, $25 for the Caps game, just to fill that level.
Show your college id at the box office.

For the Caps game, I think Section 215 has every seat still available aside from about 10.

Also, offer $1 food and soda concession for the first few games, something to make all Devils fans feel appreciated.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
I was originally going to stay home for this one, but seeing all of the unsold seats, I feel a bit of an obligation to go. If ticket prices on Stubhub collapse tomorrow morning I might bite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad