Rogers Place Construction - Part VII - Now with more corporate sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
And for the people still referencing the "tier" comments, it was a great joke and a senseless comment at the time, but I think it's time to retire it and enjoy the positivity surrounding a new era for the team and the city of Edmonton.

I'll retire making jokes about being a lower tier fan if the oilers record is over .500 after Chistmas.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Good to know the HFOil consensus is Coke over Pepsi. PEPSI SUCKS!

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Like that they're going with select Oilers and minor hockey kids for the first skate.

To the people who are criticle of them doing a special event for the first skate on Rogers place ice, you need to understand that we could be an organization that doesn't care.. Or we can start/continue being an organization that cherishes what it does, is classy, and makes what they do special.

And for the people still referencing the "tier" comments, it was a great joke and a senseless comment at the time, but I think it's time to retire it and enjoy the positivity surrounding a new era for the team and the city of Edmonton.

no kidding...KLowe didn't even say that to begin with.:shakehead

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
They should get these:

First world problem but whenever I have had beer that way i always end up making the little magnet thing at the bottom move and i spill beer all over myself :cry:

Probably a good sign I should stop drinking for the night but still annoying

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
yum, pulled pork burritos. extra jalapeños, please. I like em hot.

Can't wait until I visit Edmonton to see it all in November.

and McJesus better cooperate by scoring a hat trick that night. I'm paying a lot of $$$$ to come see the new arena and watch him play. I'm not exactly living in the next town over.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
A group of Oilers and minor hockey players will be the first to skate on Rogers Place ice tomorrow.

That's pretty cool, way better than having some cheesy ceremonial event with Gretz or Connor or someone.

wow people are super serious about their soft drinks!

It's ridiculous to be that opinionated about a nearly identical beverage. Some people seem offended when I imply that it's okay to like both equally :laugh:

Advertising really works I guess.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
That's pretty cool, way better than having some cheesy ceremonial event with Gretz or Connor or someone.

It's ridiculous to be that opinionated about a nearly identical beverage. Some people seem offended when I imply that it's okay to like both equally :laugh:

Uh, excuse you! I'll have you know I took the Pepsi Taste Challenge repeatedly as a kid and got it right every time (and told the Pepsi reps that I liked Coke more :laugh:).

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Uh, excuse you! I'll have you know I took the Pepsi Taste Challenge repeatedly as a kid and got it right every time (and told the Pepsi reps that I liked Coke more :laugh:).

I didn't! I was a staunch Coke supporter and then the taste challenge revealed Pepsi as my choice and I watched the world as I knew it crumble around me. Then, outside of the Pladium arcade at West Ed I tried again and picked coke. Next time, back to pepsi.

I love both, and I loved having them with real sugar when I lived abroad, but I firmly believe that the best cola is one from the machine (not bottled or canned, unless its flat or low on syrup or whatever). Now I switch up brands freely when I buy 'cola', sometimes I buy store brand or what ever is cheaper between the two. I don't think they taste the same, I just don't really have a preference.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I didn't! I was a staunch Coke supporter and then the taste challenge revealed Pepsi as my choice and I watched the world as I knew it crumble around me. Then, outside of the Pladium arcade at West Ed I tried again and picked coke. Next time, back to pepsi.

I love both, and I loved having them with real sugar when I lived abroad, but I firmly believe that the best cola is one from the machine (not bottled or canned, unless its flat or low on syrup or whatever). Now I switch up brands freely when I buy 'cola', sometimes I buy store brand or what ever is cheaper between the two. I don't think they taste the same, I just don't really have a preference.

Since I was just making a dumb faux-angry joke, I'm not really sure where to go from here...

Uh... I miss playdium! Going to Japan reminded me how awesome it is to be in a building full of arcade machines.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Since I was just making a dumb faux-angry joke, I'm not really sure where to go from here...

Uh... I miss playdium! Going to Japan reminded me how awesome it is to be in a building full of arcade machines.

haha I've put way too much thought into the cola wars

The arcades in Japan are so much fun, no giant monster trucks, but still one of the best ways to kill some time.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

No. Just no. :laugh:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

It's fine to like both equally just as its OK to prefer one over the other. For me it has nothing to do with advertising.

Looking forward to seeing the new arena whatever soft drink they serve.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It's fine to like both equally just as its OK to prefer one over the other. For me it has nothing to do with advertising.

Looking forward to seeing the new arena whatever soft drink they serve.

Shhh, you're going to mess up the riot I'm about to instigate.

edit: deport Pepsi drinkers!

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
coke is for sure better than pepsi IMO but if I'm going to overpay for an Arena beverage it would be beer anyway.

I remember hearing that the first skates will break the ice at 12:00 MT? that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille