Rogers Place Construction - Part VII - Now with more corporate sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
What the hell. Worse idea ever. You never send good people out to test something out. You use useless people first, this way if there is a major issue it's Ference blowing his knee out on a rut and not McDavid.

Ference would trip on the brand new ice and fall straight on his face. It would be a bad omen for us for the years to come. :sarcasm:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And no leaking in the roof !

And PCL finished it on time. After all the negatives out there last winter, who knew?:laugh:;) I guess they really do know what they're doing.:D
I guess that was the joke at council yesterday or day before. Something about you're sure it finished on time andddddd budget" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
What terrible timing to be heading to bmq. Missing all the World Cup, training camp, preseason, and start of the season! Hopefully some good games are on Friday/Saturday nights.

Well that's a worth while excuse right there. Thanks and good luck!

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
What terrible timing to be heading to bmq. Missing all the World Cup, training camp, preseason, and start of the season! Hopefully some good games are on Friday/Saturday nights.

That's as good an excuse as any. Good luck man. I've been debating joining as well.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks to everyone posting the pictures and videos, I appreciate it and know others do as well.

Our McPalace is looking beautiful :D

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Mill St is owned by ABInBev (Labatt), won't be that.

Granville Island & Creemore are owned by Molson among others.

Sad panda :(

Was hoping the new rink would have gone the Saddledome route and punted Molson to the curb finally.

Oh well back to rye and coke for me.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
You mean rye and Pepsi... :D

Oh Dear God.

Ok, pre-drink before games anywhere I guess.

Btw nice to see the rink finish on time like it was supposed to be. A rare site to see for a project in this city.

Can PCL now work on LRT to Mill Woods? Too much to ask?

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
What the hell. Worse idea ever. You never send good people out to test something out. You use useless people first, this way if there is a major issue it's Ference blowing his knee out on a rut and not McDavid.

Not sure if serious...

It isn't an outdoor rink, dude.

Pretty cool that they let a few kids out there with the pros.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, I remember going to the Saddledome and thinking "man, Rexall looks like a dump compared to this place." Now, Rogers blows away anything Calgary has.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Man, I remember going to the Saddledome and thinking "man, Rexall looks like a dump compared to this place." Now, Rogers blows away anything Calgary has.

I don't doubt Shelbyville will do their best to one-up this place.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Haha, I'm away in New Brunswick visiting the outlaws and won't be back until next week. I'll see what I can dig up though.

Why the excuses Hilman? You should be all over this. Fly back FFS....Jeebus man.

Oh, enjoy your holidays too. You've earned it big time.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Oh Dear God.

Ok, pre-drink before games anywhere I guess.

Btw nice to see the rink finish on time like it was supposed to be. A rare site to see for a project in this city.

Can PCL now work on LRT to Mill Woods? Too much to ask?

That's actually one of the best things about the new rink. There's lots of places close by worth going for a drink before a game. Or after. Or both.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

ZKd2r67.gif

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I didn't! I was a staunch Coke supporter and then the taste challenge revealed Pepsi as my choice and I watched the world as I knew it crumble around me. Then, outside of the Pladium arcade at West Ed I tried again and picked coke. Next time, back to pepsi.

I love both, and I loved having them with real sugar when I lived abroad, but I firmly believe that the best cola is one from the machine (not bottled or canned, unless its flat or low on syrup or whatever). Now I switch up brands freely when I buy 'cola', sometimes I buy store brand or what ever is cheaper between the two. I don't think they taste the same, I just don't really have a preference.

Creeeeeepy.. I remember doing s taste test outside of playdium tops way back..

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
I don't doubt Shelbyville will do their best to one-up this place.

They have bigger issues to worry about including large scale direct job cuts, declining house prices and mass layoffs, construction projects abandoned or cut, and a downtown vacancy rate hovering north of 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->