Prospect Info: Rodion Amirov discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I’m not too worried Putin is going to be sending him to the front lines
Don’t count on it……nobody is safe from the madman

Yes everything was very positive and out of no where the tone has shifted considerably. A few weeks ago there were murmurs he was going to get in with some Marlies games. Now he isn't allowed to train and they are talking about him being comfortable.

Lost my father to this shit disease, not fair at all to see such a young man have to deal with this. Kid had such a promising future and full life ahead.
Sorry about your Dad and yup it a shit disease for sure

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
????????????????????

Withholding him from his friends and family while hes going through what might be the most difficult time in his entire life is what you would do?
I'll be honest with you; EVERYONE, Russian or otherwise, should really be staying the f*** out of Russia right now. It's not looking pretty over there...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'll be honest with you; EVERYONE, Russian or otherwise, should really be staying the f*** out of Russia right now. It's not looking pretty over there...

Sweet jesus. Just stop.

Are some nasty things are occurring? Without question.
But your media loves to focus solely on these crazy occurrences in a sad attempt to portray all of Russia as such. It’s 24/7 propaganda that feeds people’s confirmation bias.

My point isn't to be political, it’s to illustrate that Amirov is in no harm whatsoever.
He’s exactly where he should be….
Safe at home, surrounded by family, friends and loved ones at a time like this.
Let’s hope the kid pulls through. 🙏 💪 🫶

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

How would you know? And who are the leafs to withhold him from his family?

Listen Amirov isn’t going to play. The best thing for him is to battle hard to have a life he can enjoy. He should be surrounded by those he loves so that it can make the process smoother. He needs that support more than ever.

How would it look if he was over here in Toronto and things took a turn for the worst and he never got a chance to say goodbye to his family. All we see is what the western media shows us. I’m sure if it was dangerous other accommodations would have been made. He was able to travel to and from Russia to Toronto right?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
There's a show on Netflix called Lenox Hill, and it's a docuseries that follows doctors at the lenox Hill hospital. Throughout it they follow a few neurosurgeons that deal with various brain tumours and cancer.

It's a brutal disease... A lot of people you see getting treatment ended up passing. The tone of these messages, his visit here etc, something feels different. Also when CJ tweeted it's the first time I saw someone mention the word cancer, before I would always just see them say brain tumour.

I'm holding out hope and rooting for the kid. But ultimately I hope he's comfortable and surrounded by loved ones as he continues to battle this awful disease.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
There's a show on Netflix called Lenox Hill, and it's a docuseries that follows doctors at the lenox Hill hospital. Throughout it they follow a few neurosurgeons that deal with various brain tumours and cancer.

It's a brutal disease... A lot of people you see getting treatment ended up passing. The tone of these messages, his visit here etc, something feels different. Also when CJ tweeted it's the first time I saw someone mention the word cancer, before I would always just see them say brain tumour.

I'm holding out hope and rooting for the kid. But ultimately I hope he's comfortable and surrounded by loved ones as he continues to battle this awful disease.

Lennox Hill was a great/tough watch. Those were the very best neurosurgeons and even they admit that brain tumours are so aggressive and so hard to battle.

You could see how much they gave to try and help those people. If anyone wants insight on what Rodion may be going through I’d suggest watching that doc.

The more I think about it, getting him to Toronto may have been more about him getting to experience that NHL dream once in his lifetime. More than realistically expecting him to play.

Reactions: TMLAM34

NylanderBros

Jun 22, 2014
Sudbury, Ont
Hoping the best for Amirov, wasn’t very happy with the pick at the time but hopefully he can recover and have a great life outside of hockey. On another note Braden Schneider would be very nice beside Giordano right now..

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Don’t count on it……nobody is safe from the madman

Sending a cancer patient celebrity athlete to the front lines would be counter productive to their goals as that would only reduce war support.

Put in is a madman, but you dont become a dictator without keen sense of self preservation.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I wonder what happened. It appeared he was progressing along very well, working out etc.. But then it feels like an abrupt turn occurred. Still hoping for a speedy recovery

Edit: Sorry I misread the letter saying it is due to receiving additional treatments. If that's the case I'd rather be with my family and friends too.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That poor family having to go through this and an only watch as there is almost nothing they can do. A son who once was full of hopes and dreams is now bearing all the weight of a dark future. We can only give our best wishes and thoughts and hope that science can find a cure for not just this cancer, but all the other forms of this disease.

Please get well soon and pray for recovery and the recovery of all others, if you believe strongly enough everything is possible.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
This is a reference about Rodion’s faith. It doesn’t have to do with his physical health, unfortunately:

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. ~ Isaiah 53:5 NKJV

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is a reference about Rodion’s faith. It doesn’t have to do with his physical health, unfortunately:

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. ~ Isaiah 53:5 NKJV

Is that reading too much into it?

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Is that reading too much into it?

I would normally say yes, but Keefe made some comments back in October that he has a long way to go for his recovery. As much as I would love for a clean bill of health, I don’t think that’s realistic in such a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad