Prospect Info: Rodion Amirov discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Terrible negative post. Did you even read the article. Are you even a doctor. Rodion will be back and you will eat crow

It’s hard to know if he will be able to play at a high level. Brain Tumours/Cancers are very tricky. It seems like he is making progress and if he’s still got the ability to speak/skate, process the game that’s amazing. But still so much to consider, is it worth putting the body through the physical demands of being a pro athlete or is it just better to just enjoy life at this point.

It’ll be fascinating to track, I’d love for Amirov to one day play for the Leafs but more than anything I hope he gets to live a long and fulfilling life.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
It’s hard to know if he will be able to play at a high level. Brain Tumours/Cancers are very tricky. It seems like he is making progress and if he’s still got the ability to speak/skate, process the game that’s amazing. But still so much to consider, is it worth putting the body through the physical demands of being a pro athlete or is it just better to just enjoy life at this point.

It’ll be fascinating to track, I’d love for Amirov to one day play for the Leafs but more than anything I hope he gets to live a long and fulfilling life.
^this.

Have a friend who had a brain tumour 7 years ago, is a shadow of his former self in terms of energy levels and drive. I'd be really surprised if Amirov makes it to anything close to NHL

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
^this.

Have a friend who had a brain tumour 7 years ago, is a shadow of his former self in terms of energy levels and drive. I'd be really surprised if Amirov makes it to anything close to NHL
I remember seeing Liemiex returning to the nhl about 3.5 year out of retirement after cancer.
They played the Leafs and picked up 3 pts that night. Sometime people really can surprise.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I remember seeing Liemiex returning to the nhl about 3.5 year out of retirement after cancer.
They played the Leafs and picked up 3 pts that night. Sometime people really can surprise.
Lol I remember that game. He was a Leaf killer his whole career, no exception that night.

Listen I hope the kid makes it back,just that brain surgery is a lot different than what Lemieux had. Also Mario legitimately in GOAT debate not a middling Leaf prospect.

Reactions: ACC1224

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Mario Lemieux's illness isn't remotely comparable as an existential threat as what has happened to Amirov.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Terrible negative post. Did you even read the article. Are you even a doctor. Rodion will be back and you will eat crow
If Rodion himself was reading this thread these are the responses he'd probably love to see, not the "don't worry about hockey, just live the life you can" spiel.

I'll join you on that one - Rodion is gonna be an impact player for the Leafs a lot sooner than people think.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lol I remember that game. He was a Leaf killer his whole career, no exception that night.

Listen I hope the kid makes it back,just that brain surgery is a lot different than what Lemieux had. Also Mario legitimately in GOAT debate not a middling Leaf prospect.
Lemieux was awsome but i've seen so few pros come back after a long absense. Not really that useful to the subject to qualify Lemiuex as a goat as if anyone whould expect goats to perform after 3.5 years.. I was ridiculous. He hadnt realy decline even a bit which shows what is possible and that is the point.
I wasn't making an equivalency between Amirov and Lemieux and It's pretty odd that needs to be said that they aren't the same.

Mario Lemieux's illness isn't remotely comparable as an existential threat as what has happened to Amirov.
I'm not even sure what this means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad