Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
They played like absolute garbage the weekend AHL tv was free. Why didn't they play like this when it was more accessible to see them play.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Watching the game now (thank you AHL.tv). Beyond the guys putting up gaudy numbers, you can see Asplund and Borgen's comfort level growing each game.

CJ Smith plays such a smart game. Every angle he takes is perfect. Doesn't make mistakes.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Amerks v Utica, 10/17/18.

Pilut, Olofsson, and maybe Nylander making it hard to keep them off the big club if they keep this up.....
Though they are a lot of PP goals

Scoring
1st
2:16ROCZach Redmond (3) ASST: Lawrence Pilut (6), Kevin Porter (2)(PP)
12:17ROCZach Redmond (4) ASST: C.J. Smith (2), Victor Olofsson (6)(PP)
12:50ROCVictor Olofsson (4) ASST: Lawrence Pilut (7), Scott Wedgewood (1) (PP)
2nd
6:24UTIOlli Juolevi (1) ASST: Tanner Kero (6), Reid Boucher (2) (PP)
9:57ROCVictor Olofsson (5) ASST: Alexander Nylander (5), Lawrence Pilut (8)
13:53ROCDanny O'Regan (2) ASST: Victor Olofsson (7), Andrew MacWilliam (1)
3rd
9:51ROCAlexander Nylander (2) ASST: Rasmus Asplund (1), Brendan Guhle (4) (PP)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
TheAHL.com

Olofsson leads the AHL in points.

Pilut is tied-2nd in the AHL in points and leads all D in points.

Nylander is tied-10th in the AHL in points.

It will be interesting to see how long they are in Rochester.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Amerks v Utica, 10/17/18.

Pilut, Olofsson, and maybe Nylander making it hard to keep them off the big club if they keep this up.....
Though they are a lot of PP goals

Scoring
1st
2:16ROCZach Redmond (3) ASST: Lawrence Pilut (6), Kevin Porter (2)(PP)
12:17ROCZach Redmond (4) ASST: C.J. Smith (2), Victor Olofsson (6)(PP)
12:50ROCVictor Olofsson (4) ASST: Lawrence Pilut (7), Scott Wedgewood (1) (PP)
2nd
6:24UTIOlli Juolevi (1) ASST: Tanner Kero (6), Reid Boucher (2) (PP)
9:57ROCVictor Olofsson (5) ASST: Alexander Nylander (5), Lawrence Pilut (8)
13:53ROCDanny O'Regan (2) ASST: Victor Olofsson (7), Andrew MacWilliam (1)
3rd
9:51ROCAlexander Nylander (2) ASST: Rasmus Asplund (1), Brendan Guhle (4) (PP)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
And Buffalo needs help on its PP.

Reactions: Reddawg

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It's nice to have legit prospects in Rochester instead of the Bailey/Baptiste era of stagnant development. Bailey isn't even an NHL prospect at this point. Asplund/Nylander/Olaffson/Pilut and Guhle are all at the very least NHL players, that bodes well for the Sabres in the next year or so.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Speaking of Bailey, not sure I’ve ever seen him play this poorly. A shell of what he was even from his rookie season. Not sure what happened to him. A steady decline since his second pro season. Should have traded him, not Baptiste. I’d really like them to flip him for another forward. Tired of watching his poor efforts and disappearing act.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Speaking of Bailey, not sure I’ve ever seen him play this poorly. A shell of what he was even from his rookie season. Not sure what happened to him. A steady decline since his second pro season. Should have traded him, not Baptiste. I’d really like them to flip him for another forward. Tired of watching his poor efforts and disappearing act.

For sure. I have more faith in Baps eventually cracking a 4th line speed/energy role. I think Bailey is looking like a permanent AHLer.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

His hockey sense and hands aren't just bad they are downright terrible.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I say keep all the kids on the Amerks. Let them build pride, a winner, and development. A kid doing well on the Amerks doesn’t mean it will automatically translate to doing just as well or better on the Sabres. He’s not gonna be a one man savior to turn things around.
They will get their callups. Get a taste. But send them back ASAP so they can help get the Amerks into the playoffs.

Reactions: Zman5778

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I say keep all the kids on the Amerks. Let them build pride, a winner, and development. A kid doing well on the Amerks doesn’t mean it will automatically translate to doing just as well or better on the Sabres. He’s not gonna be a one man savior to turn things around.
They will get their callups. Get a taste. But send them back ASAP so they can help get the Amerks into the playoffs.
I’m biased but I agree. I think a full season together and then moving up to the Sabres next season could do wonders. Nylander, Pilut, Guhle and Olofsson all should likely start with Buffalo next year. Possibly Smith as well. Asplund might need a bit more time.

It’s early but the talent is clearly there to make a run in the spring. I don’t see the Sabres making the playoffs, so regardless, I think the guys here now should all be available for a playoff run, even if some play the second half of the season in Buffalo. There’s good chance Thompson could be added to that mix. A lot is riding on Wedgewood.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY

Also a true story

This is the play I referenced in the Nylander thread. He does this often. You’re going to have to take the good with the bad with him. He also had another similar turnover later in the game right before he scored his goal. He can be very irresponsible with the puck. He’s a mixed bag and I think he always will be. As long as he produces offense, you deal with it. But he has to score otherwise he turns into a liability.

Deleted member 27798

For sure. I have more faith in Baps eventually cracking a 4th line speed/energy role. I think Bailey is looking like a permanent AHLer.
I agree. I always liked Baptiste more than Bailey. Oh by the way...he already has 4 goals in 5 games for Milwaukee.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Perhaps, but there's the possibility that other NHL clubs also saw that Nick had some NHL potential and Justin was trending down. Maybe nobody wanted Bailey, and the Sabres knew they weren't going to keep Baptiste up but didn't want to risk losing him for nothing on waivers. :dunno:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Whole-heartedly agree. Maybe let a few kids get a cup of coffee at some point, but leave them there for the majority of the season to build chemistry/camaraderie/etc and let them (hopefully) have a deep playoff run.

Then transition a bunch of them to the NHL next year and get rid of the scraps still inhabiting the Sabres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad