Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Lol why are everyone so harsh towards alex nylander? I have seen other nhl players turning the puck over constantly yet they get to play.

I seriously think there is some unjustified hatred towards the nylander brothers.

Reactions: Dingo44

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Lol why are everyone so harsh towards alex nylander? I have seen other nhl players turning the puck over constantly yet they get to play.

I seriously think there is some hatred towards the nylander Brothers.
There is no hatred. There are just people who can’t handle criticism of him. I’ve acknowledged that he looks much better this season, while also continuing a lot of the issues that plagued him the last two years. The difference this season is he’s actually producing offense to compensate his errors. Hes also way more confident with the puck. I will defend my comments. I’ve been fair, both saying he’s looked better while also being realistic about his shortcomings.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
There is no hatred. There are just people who can’t handle criticism of him. I’ve acknowledged that he looks much better this season, while also continuing a lot of the issues that plagued him the last two years. The difference this season is he’s actually producing offense to compensate his errors. Hes also way more confident with the puck. I will defend my comments. I’ve been fair, both saying he’s looked better while also being realistic about his shortcomings.

You're always honest with your assessments, and I appreciate them. You're probably the one here most in-touch with the Amerks and most willing to point out good and bad.

Is Pilut starting to look better defensively? I know you said he looked a bit iffy in that regard to start the year.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
You're always honest with your assessments, and I appreciate them. You're probably the one here most in-touch with the Amerks and most willing to point out good and bad.

Is Pilut starting to look better defensively? I know you said he looked a bit iffy in that regard to start the year.
Appreciate it. Not sure why I’d hate a hockey player I’ve never met. He plays for a team I want to win. I want him to do well. But I won’t sugarcoat his play. He’s pretty much the type of player who’s doing something really good or really bad. It’s just this year the good is starting to be more common.

As for Pilut, he looks better defensively already. I’ve seen him lose some physical battles. He’s been out of position here and there, but that’s expected with the new dimensions. I really like him a lot. One of those players you don’t worry when he has the puck in the defensive zone. Guhle always makes me nervous. Pilut makes the right play.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

I seriously think there is some unjustified hatred towards the nylander brothers.
Happens right here on the sabres Larsson, Girgonsens and Nelson are turnover machines.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Appreciate it. Not sure why I’d hate a hockey player I’ve never met. He plays for a team I want to win. I want him to do well. But I won’t sugarcoat his play. He’s pretty much the type of player who’s doing something really good or really bad. It’s just this year the good is starting to be more common.

As for Pilut, he looks better defensively already. I’ve seen him lose some physical battles. He’s been out of position here and there, but that’s expected with the new dimensions. I really like him a lot. One of those players you don’t worry when he has the puck in the defensive zone. Guhle always makes me nervous. Pilut makes the right play.
Hey keep the opinions and posts coming. I rarely follow the amerks aside from highlights or box scores. Having you post here is awesome, please don't stop or bother with negative posters. I find your posts very informative and I actually look for them here to read.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Perhaps, but there's the possibility that other NHL clubs also saw that Nick had some NHL potential and Justin was trending down. Maybe nobody wanted Bailey, and the Sabres knew they weren't going to keep Baptiste up but didn't want to risk losing him for nothing on waivers. :dunno:
Baptiste was placed on, and cleared, waivers before he was traded. He and Bailey were waived at the same time.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The great thing about whats happening with the prospects in Rochester is we are about to add 3 more first round picks as well as Pekar and some others real soon while we graduate some up to replace the vets that are bringing us down. We are maybe one or two seasons out from maybe actually having a team who can compete every game.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Besides Nelson, the other two represent a very small fraction of the team giveaways and turnovers. Eichel and Risto each have more than all of those players combined. Do you even watch the games? Your agenda is showing.
This is the wrong thread for this, but I've liked Girgensons in every game this season. He's never going to put up even 40 pts, but at this point, he's an ideal 4th line energy guy who will be good for 7-10 goals and 10-15 assist annually. Sacrifices his body, works his ass off. No complaints, other than that's not what you expect from a top 14 pick, but that was 2 GMs ago, so no use bitching about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->