Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Can anyone comment on Mattias Samuelsson's game? I definitely didn't expect this kind of offensive production from him (8 points in 14 games).

Reactions: tsujimoto74

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Can anyone comment on Mattias Samuelsson's game? I definitely didn't expect this kind of offensive production from him (8 points in 14 games).

I've watched 6 Amerks games. To me he is more likely to make the NHL roster next year than Quinn or Arttu. And since he adds a size/toughness element we are lacking, I'd prefer him over Bryson next year. He's 1st pair with Fitzgerald, playing lots of minutes, all situations. So he is getting PP points.

You would think they would want to have a veteran LHD on the team and not go Dahlin/Bryson/Samuelsson...but maybe with the right partners it would work. If they somehow manage to keep both Borgen and Risto
Dahlin-Borgen
Bryson-Risto
Samuelsson-Joker
aint bad at all. Its just really really really young.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The rumors of him being a poor skater were highly exaggerated. He's a better skater than Brandon Carlo of the Bruins who I compared him to earlier. He likes to jump up in the play. He likes to hit and is always giving a little extra risto that annoys opponents. The Amerks defensive zone coverage has been terrible and some of the blame falls on Samuelsson. That's something he has to work on.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I like how Quinn works on the ice, the second goal happened even after the mistake of the Syracuse defender, but Quinn fought for the puck and she ended up in a foreign area.

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We got owned after the first.
10/8 F/D is interesting. They're completely out of bodies.
Just let Seth develop the key guys. The season is toast, because covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad