Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Looking for some info on players who made their NHL debut. What is the future outlook for these guys?

Arttu Ruotsalainen
Brett Murray
Mattias Samuelsson
Jacob Bryson
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Michael Houser

R2 -- Looked solid in his time in the NHL. Seems like a guy that could play up and down a lineup and snipe on the PP. Maybe a 20/20 guy in the future who's responsible in his own zone.

Murray -- Who knows. Big body. Might be an NHL 4th liner, might be an AHLer. Don't think he has a real high ceiling though.

Samuelsson -- Skating issues greatly exaggerated. Certainly an NHL Dman in the future. Probably not a top pair guy. Not a ton of offensive upside.

Bryson -- This is probably the guy who will be the most divisive. I think he'll max out as a 3rd pairing guy who's quite mobile and can play PP2. Can probably pull a game here or there in the 2nd pair as an injury replacement, but don't count on him there long term.

UPL -- Ceiling is legit top-15 NHL starter. Still has development to do.

Houser -- Best as an organizational 3/4 who if caught at the right time can give your team a chance to win for a game or two.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
R2 -- Looked solid in his time in the NHL. Seems like a guy that could play up and down a lineup and snipe on the PP. Maybe a 20/20 guy in the future who's responsible in his own zone.

Murray -- Who knows. Big body. Might be an NHL 4th liner, might be an AHLer. Don't think he has a real high ceiling though.

Samuelsson -- Skating issues greatly exaggerated. Certainly an NHL Dman in the future. Probably not a top pair guy. Not a ton of offensive upside.

Bryson -- This is probably the guy who will be the most divisive. I think he'll max out as a 3rd pairing guy who's quite mobile and can play PP2. Can probably pull a game here or there in the 2nd pair as an injury replacement, but don't count on him there long term.

UPL -- Ceiling is legit top-15 NHL starter. Still has development to do.

Houser -- Best as an organizational 3/4 who if caught at the right time can give your team a chance to win for a game or two.
I agree with all of this

Reactions: Zman5778

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Center tendies. A year ago the vision was 23/24 Jack & Jack. He wasn't drafted to be a center.

Would rather R2 play 20 minutes a night as the 1C in Rochester. Murray-R2-Quinn.

Eichel to Anaheim, get the 3rd overall, and get Beniers or Eklund.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Gains:
Sean Malone
Brandon Davidson
Jimmy Schuldt

Losses:
C.J. Smith (Carolina),
Jean-Sebastien Dea (Montreal)
Remi Elie (Tampa Bay)
Dalton Smith (Colorado)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
What is everybody's feeling on C.J. Smith? Another blown development or just one of many tweeners?
Failed development plan. He played at a high level in the AHL and was held back from showing if he can play in the NHL because Botterill/Krueger filled the NHL roster with veteran plugs. He might end up being a career minor leaguer but he could end up as an NHL player. It's crazy that a team in the Sabres position didn't find out.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
What is everybody's feeling on C.J. Smith? Another blown development or just one of many tweeners?

A little bit of both.

He earned more chances than he got with his AHL play. But the few chances he did get in the NHL, he flat out did not take advantage of them. He never forced the coach's hand, which you have to do in that case.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
ROCHESTER
Brett MurrayJohn HaydenAndrew Oglevie
John-Jason PeterkaSean MaloneJack Quinn
Linus WeissbachCody Eakin ----
Lukas RousekBrandon BiroMatej Pekar
Brandon DavidsonCasey Fitzgerald
Jimmy SchuldtOskari Laaksonen
----Ethan Prow
Dustin Tokarski
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

That's what I'm projecting as of today.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I got

Murray - Eakin - Quinn
Pekar - Hayden - Peterka
Weissbach - Malone - Franco (AHL deal)
Biro - Oglevie - Rousek
13th - Alex Gallant to replace D Smith
14th A-O Voyer as ECHL tweener

Ideally we get Krebs in the Eichel trade and then buy out or unconditionally release Eakin give him a shot somewhere else. And keep Quinn in Rochester the whole year. Bring up Murray at the trade deadline maybe he has a shot at 4LW in 22/23.

Pekar needs to show a lot this season start him on a good line that ought to be a pain in the ass to play against

I hope they bring back Franco even give him an ELC why not. Big body that may have 4th line potential

Oglevie isn't in our future plans we have a ton of right wings coming up and he won't make it as an NHL center

Samuelsson - Fitzgerald
Davidson - Laaksonen
Schuldt - Prow
Jones (ELC?) - Blujus
Luce

Samuelsson should get 20 games at least in Rochester and if its a dumpster fire in Buffalo and he is playing extremely well bring him up. But I'd rather he get 21/22 minutes in Rochester this whole year. But if we trade Butcher and Miller at the deadline, bring up Samuelsson and Fitzgerald as a unit for the 3rd pair, they have good chemistry.

Davidson as a vet pair for Laaksonen.

Difficult to see Schuldt get called up this season as he is at best 6th on the LHD depth chart

Jones should be brought back, Blujus and Luce are local boys.

UPL
Dell
Lekkas (ECHL)

I think Tokarski beats out Dell to play in Buffalo. Keep UPL in Rochester for the full season.

I dont see spots for Hayden and Malone in Buffalo. But they could very well be the 1st two callus when injuries happen.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Rochester is almost set. Resign Franco for the bottom 6, Jones for #7D.

And add Peyton Krebs for crying out loud.

Hayden/Malone are at best 13th forwards who can play 4C in a pinch. Nobody else projects as a NHL center in Rochester. Or in our prospect ranks except for Costantini who is a longshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->