Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Who is left? Davidsson, Kukkonen, Johnson?

I think Peterka should stay another year in Germany. They will ELC him, and he'll play in Rochester or get loaned back to Munchen.

There's a spot for Kukkonen, he's had two full seasons in Liiga. Fitz/Laaksonen/Kukkonen on the right.

I hope Johnson is in Roch next year. I hope the kid has been offered a contract and is just mulling it over.

Glotov/Nyberg/Davidsson won't be seen again, not even in the training camp rosters. Worge Kreu probably won't either. Cronholm needs to really show something next year to stay on our radar.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I think Peterka should stay another year in Germany. They will ELC him, and he'll play in Rochester or get loaned back to Munchen.

There's a spot for Kukkonen, he's had two full seasons in Liiga. Fitz/Laaksonen/Kukkonen on the right.

I hope Johnson is in Roch next year. I hope the kid has been offered a contract and is just mulling it over.

Glotov/Nyberg/Davidsson won't be seen again, not even in the training camp rosters. Worge Kreu probably won't either. Cronholm needs to really show something next year to stay on our radar.

What about Kryukov

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Latest: AHL will not crown a Calder Cup champion again
The American Hockey League will not crown a Calder Cup champion for a second consecutive season amid pandemic scheduling concerns. The trophy had been awarded every year from 1937 to 2019.
The AHL allowed each of its five divisions created for this season decide a playoff format. Only the Pacific Division will have a postseason tournament.

It was a good season for development. I think the Sabres really benefited.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Houser went down to Rochester after the Sabres season ended. He ended up playing 8 games in 2 weeks.
After memorable Sabres stint, Michael Houser finishes strong in Rochester
Houser went 1-3 in four starts for the Amerks, but compiled a 2.33 goals-against average and .924 save percentage. And he did it while playing four games in five nights, including all three over the season's final weekend.
The win came in Sunday's season finale, when Houser made 28 saves in a 2-1 victory over Utica and came within 37 seconds of a shutout. He was a tough-luck loser against Utica on Wednesday (3-1 with an empty-netter) and Friday (1-0), despite stopping 60 of 63 shots in the two games. His one tough outing was Saturday's 5-3 loss to Syracuse.

He's a pending UFA. He looks too good for another ECHL deal. Tokarski is signed for another year and UPL needs more time in the AHL. I'd resign Houser to a 2-way deal. He can play in Cinci until UPL gets called up, or we run into injuries.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He's a pending UFA. He looks too good for another ECHL deal. Tokarski is signed for another year and UPL needs more time in the AHL. I'd resign Houser to a 2-way deal. He can play in Cinci until UPL gets called up, or we run into injuries.

Thanks for the Houser update.

I'm a huge fan and, as such, don't ever want to see him play in a Cyclones uniform again. I hope he's able to land a two way NHL deal with someone-whether that be the Sabres or someone else.

One of the great joys of being a long time ECHL season ticket holder is seeing guys get chances at higher levels and making them count. Houser did and has earned the right never to play in the ECHL again. He should get either a two way NHL deal where he is assured of at least playing in the AHL or go overseas at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad