Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Any reason why you assume it's money? Could be a guy just wanting to spend some time in Europe before he retires.
Either way I had no idea Derek Roy was still playing over in Europe.
Pegula's have been pinching pennies. Money is going to be tight for quite awhile. Redmond signed an AHL contract so he could be paid NHL money without affecting the cap. If the Pegula's wouldn't go along with that again, Europe is the only place he can make a similar salary. He'll be 32 in July. His earning years are limited. It's really a good move for him to get established there. The body takes less of a beating.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Im pretty convinced Taylor was bad. Didnt get any noticeable development from anyone, and some definite regression in his time. That Roch team 2 seasons ago had no business losing in the first round.
Strange, I thought they were fine, at least they got into the playoffs.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

What players regressed under Taylor's watch?

I just copied this from the other thread

Nylander
Guhle
Regression from Asplund/C.J. Smith/
Gilmour went down and went in the tank
Nelson was a decent 6/7 went downhill in Roch

Does he get any credit for Fasching/Bailey/Baptiste washing out?

His 2 main graduates were Oloffson and Ullmark, Pilut was pretty much ready this whole time.

Maybe credit for Tage? But we didnt get a chance to find out.

Mitts seemed to improve some down there I guess, time will tell on that one

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Not a fan of canning Taylor and Dineen. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't set them back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not a fan of canning Taylor and Dineen. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't set them back.

Their drafting and signings set them back enough. I do feel bad for Tails, he seemed to get it that people pay to root for the team, but he just couldn’t get results.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Going leaner with video coaching would be a bold move. Exciting times with all this new technology. Maybe a hologram coach? Never know. Anything is possible.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Going through Adams's connections, I see ex-teammate Cory Stillman has been the head coach of the Sudbury Wolves in the OHL for three seasons, and they've done pretty well during his tenure. I'm wondering if he may be a lead candidate for the job in Rochester.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Bryson and Borgen are right on track. Malone and Oglevie could push for NHL spots. Thompson and Mittelstadt appear to have benefited under Taylor's tutelage. We'll find out how much soon. Jonas Johansson became a legitimate NHL prospect. Fitzgerald is developing nicely. Brett Murray was a surprise and Asplund saw NHL time. Taylor's only as good as the raw material he gets to work with. Too bad he didn't have Thompson and Mittelstadt from the beginning.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Bryson and Borgen are right on track. Malone and Oglevie could push for NHL spots. Thompson and Mittelstadt appear to have benefited under Taylor's tutelage. We'll find out how much soon. Jonas Johansson became a legitimate NHL prospect. Fitzgerald is developing nicely. Brett Murray was a surprise and Asplund saw NHL time. Taylor's only as good as the raw material he gets to work with. Too bad he didn't have Thompson and Mittelstadt from the beginning.

He blew the 2 most important Nylander and Guhle

I like Fitzgerald more than most amd Taylor played him at friggin forward for at least a few games

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

This sounds a bit more rosy about those prospects than I feel but the last part is important. Thompson and Mittelstadt should've been in the AHL the past two seasons. The Amerks, like the Sabres, lacked forward talent and were overloaded on defense. That's partly on Botterill's drafting. He went heavy on defensemen and heavy on players that remain in college and overseas. Rochester in the meantime suffered for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad