News: Robin Lehner and Isles far apart in contract talks, departure looks very likely

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Robin Lehner had a remarkable season with the Islanders, but indications are that it will be the only one he plays with the team.

The Masterton and Jennings Trophy winner and the Isles are far enough apart on a contract that a league source said Lehner will almost certainly play elsewhere next season.

Go get Bobs, Lou.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yet this totally contradicts what a couple of guys on Sirius said a few hours ago. Pretty much said they’re in agreement but Lou is awaiting to see if both Panarin/Bob happen

Reactions: CF Punk and xECK29x

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yet this totally contradicts what a couple of guys on Sirius said a few hours ago. Pretty much said they’re in agreement but Lou is awaiting to see if both Panarin/Bob happen
Who though? Staple seems to be the most knowledgeable Islanders guy.

EDIT: Maybe not, Staple's not so reliable after all?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Staple was also WAY off on Eberle too, so I personally am not putting too much cred into this, honestly the guys on Sirius (The Fourth Period folks) have been nailing Isles news since last year and have been undercutting our own beat/insiders. They 100% have a legitimate Isles source.

Could be an agent trying to get leverage.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'd laugh so hard if Lehner signs elsewhere, the Isles go all in for Bob, only to fail and get stuck with someone like Smith or Talbot

I’m guessing they’ll sign Varlamov. This would probably indicate they know Sorokin is coming next year and they don’t want to be tied to a long deal. That would probably also mean the Bob stuff isn’t true either though

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Who though? Staple seems to be the most knowledgeable Islanders guy.

He is, but I doubt Staple has the same sources he used to have pre-Lou. No one knows anything and they're too afraid of Lou to say anything anyway.

The Isles Twitter is the only source I trust now because Lou has control of it.

Reactions: Konk

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's fine because it tells me Lou has a strong back up plan in the near future. Sorokin perhaps after next season. He needs to find a one year bridge goalie. Lehner was a solid goalie last year, his story is an important one. I wish him well.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not since Lamoriello got there. For whatever reason most of the reliable insider info since has come from Pagnotta mostly

I've noticed that Pagnotta seems pretty legit. Gotta think that's not going to last too much longer when the mole is found and the cone of silence restored. :)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I've noticed that Pagnotta seems pretty legit. Gotta think that's not going to last too much longer when the mole is found and the cone of silence restored. :)

Incarcerated Bob has been as well. He broke the Ho Sang issues in January at Bridgeport which we more or less found out was true

Jan 21, 2018
That's fine because it tells me Lou has a strong back up plan in the near future. Sorokin perhaps after next season. He needs to find a one year bridge goalie. Lehner was a solid goalie last year, his story is an important one. I wish him well.

solid goalie? isles fans were getting upset lehner wasn't getting enough vezina considerations and now that it looks like Lou is going to lose him for nothing, Lehner is suddenly just a solid goalie? :help:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What is going on in NY? Losing Lehner and Lee would be a real blow...

...or it might turn out to be a smart move, considering Lee's age and the risk associated with both contracts. I wouldn't want my GM signing either without a significant discount from the numbers they're due to get.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I'd laugh so hard if Lehner signs elsewhere, the Isles go all in for Bob, only to fail and get stuck with someone like Smith or Talbot

Even in that scenario they still have Greiss who people forget was nearly just as good as Lehner last year, and they find a short term bridge to Sorokin. We’ll be ok but I appreciate the concern.

Reactions: NNCbama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad