Road trip to the Island - Roll Call

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A friend there said there had to be about 3 to 4 thousand people wearing Devils gear tonight. Good showing for a road game.

Anyone find it odd that they did not hype up the home opener on the Devils broadcast tonight? Hardly a mention.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
A friend there said there had to be about 3 to 4 thousand people wearing Devils gear tonight. Good showing for a road game.

Anyone find it odd that they did not hype up the home opener on the Devils broadcast tonight? Hardly a mention.

Absolutely excellent representation.. On TV there was a ton of red and sounds like it was similar around the rest of the building.. Glad everyone there saw a win

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Absolutely excellent representation.. On TV there was a ton of red and sounds like it was similar around the rest of the building.. Glad everyone there saw a win

My bud was high up near the rafters and said he was surrounded by Devils fans he did not know.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There was also supposedly over a thousand people at the SUPER SECRET viewing party at the Rock tonight :)

It'll definitely be electric Tuesday.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There was also supposedly over a thousand people at the SUPER SECRET viewing party at the Rock tonight :)

It'll definitely be electric Tuesday.

Aside from the initial email about all of the extra stuff we'll get, I did not receive another email with specific info on the viewing party, were we supposed to get one?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Aside from the initial email about all of the extra stuff we'll get, I did not receive another email with specific info on the viewing party, were we supposed to get one?

Just this, it only came after noon today though:

Thanks for signing up to attend the Devils Opening night “Drop The Puck” watch party.

You and your guest(s), along with the rest of the Devils Army will enjoy free appetizers, sodas and reduced price bar options. Sit back and watch the Devils battle the Islanders from one of the Prudential Center’s Premium Lounges. The game is scheduled to begin at 7pm and doors will open 30 minutes prior to the puck being dropped. Please enter the arena through the Lafayette Street entrance. Parking will be available for $5 in the Ford Lincoln Parking Deck while spaces are available. Fans are encouraged to enter the parking deck from the Broad Street side of Lafayette street. Please be aware that the Disney on Ice family show will be ending at 6:50pm. You are encouraged to try and arrive before that time in order to make sure that you don’t have any issue with entering the parking deck. and/or arena. Please print this email out and bring it with you in order to receive the discounted parking and entry into the event.

It’s time to “Drop the Puck”. Let’s Go Devils!

I was going to go but didn't feel like it when I read we had to pay for parking 'and' it was potentially an issue getting in and out. Plus I wanted to stay home and flip channels the first night of the NHL anyway.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just this, it only came after noon today though:

I was going to go but didn't feel like it when I read we had to pay for parking 'and' it was potentially an issue getting in and out. Plus I wanted to stay home and flip channels the first night of the NHL anyway.

Not sure how I was supposed to sign up if I never received anything in the first place.

But, I know if I just showed up they would happily let me in.
Did not want to go anyway, hope everyone had fun and there were no issues with traffic/parking with the Disney On Ice fans leaving The Rock around 7pm tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yeah, how was the tailgate over there and anyone go to the thing at The Rock?
What were the reduced bar prices and food offered?

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
What area of the lot was the tailgate? When I pulled into the parking lot I just drove and parked where I saw a good chunk of red shirts. I ended up right next to the Marriott essentially. I definitely saw a few dozen Devils jerseys in that immediate area, but didn't get any real "group tailgate" kind of feel from it. Although that could very well be because of the cold. My friends and I spent most of the time in the lot in the car eating/drinking and watching Devils hype videos on youtube to pass the time :laugh:

IslesBeBack*

Met some of you guys last night ( I think). First time I've been in the Coli with rival fans and didn't fight with anyone. You guys really do represent yourself with class, and this is the first time I've said this about visiting fans. That's how hockey should be. Everyone has fun, cheers, gets loud, and watches their team play hockey. Can't say the same for those pigs who come from the city.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Nope. Just a promotion that if you bought $100 in merchandise you got a free jacket, and $150 you got 2 tickets to a selected game in the future.

There were a ton of devils fans at the Coliseum last night, great job by everyone who showed up.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed spitting on and seeing people driving over that Rangers jersey taped to the parking lot

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Met some of you guys last night ( I think). First time I've been in the Coli with rival fans and didn't fight with anyone. You guys really do represent yourself with class, and this is the first time I've said this about visiting fans. That's how hockey should be. Everyone has fun, cheers, gets loud, and watches their team play hockey. Can't say the same for those pigs who come from the city.

I definitely feel the same way when Islanders fans are in our building.. We're just generally humble fan bases that don't need to be dicks to feel good about ourselves or enjoy a game, unlike the other 3 teams in our division who have horrendous fans.. I love going out there for games and chatting with your fans

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I definitely feel the same way when Islanders fans are in our building.. We're just generally humble fan bases that don't need to be dicks to feel good about ourselves or enjoy a game, unlike the other 3 teams in our division who have horrendous fans.. I love going out there for games and chatting with your fans

I think the mutual hatred of the Rangers goes a long way. And the fact there really aren't many direct events (between the two teams) to smack talk about, so whats the point in arguing.

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
Great way to start the season last night.. Nice to see some old friends and meet a couple others from here..

Agree with the Islander fans being cool. Props to the awesome Islander fan coming up to everyone, including Devil fans, and offering $10 for all you can eat and drink

PuckStopsHere02

May 11, 2006
Good job by the guy who brought the tv and antenna and had the Pens-Flyers game on. I was hanging out around there for a while.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Its on NBC Sports Network. Sooo for obvious reasons MSG did not have commercials for it

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I meant the Devils.
They paid for ads for upcoming shows at The Rock such as UFC and Rihana
But no ad for opening night which is also puck night.
Odd

He means that the Devils home opener will be aired on NBC Sports. MSG will not advertise it during their broadcast of a Devils game because they are not going to encourage people to watch a game on another network. Advertising the other events at the Rock is part of their agreement. But aside from a simple ad along the lines of "buy tickets for the home opener on Tuesday by calling __________" they wouldn't mention it in any regard (again, because its on a competing network). Pretty sure its in their agreement that MSG can't be forced to provide any free advertising for any competing network, even if one of their teams is being shown on that network in the near future.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He means that the Devils home opener will be aired on NBC Sports. MSG will not advertise it during their broadcast of a Devils game because they are not going to encourage people to watch a game on another network. Advertising the other events at the Rock is part of their agreement. But aside from a simple ad along the lines of "buy tickets for the home opener on Tuesday by calling __________" they wouldn't mention it in any regard (again, because its on a competing network). Pretty sure its in their agreement that MSG can't be forced to provide any free advertising for any competing network, even if one of their teams is being shown on that network in the near future.

I know that by my point from this whole time is the Devils did not do an ad for buying tix to the home opener during the broadcast. Not talking about Msg network but the Devils themselves.
I am glad they paid for ads for other prucenter events,that is good. But an ad for puck night at the home opener would have been prudent. Especially when many seats remain unsold still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad