Road trip to the Island - Roll Call

DevilOnFire

Apr 12, 2010
NA, NJ
twitter.com
I called the Islanders customer service. They said tickets will be available thru ticketmaster as soon as official schedule was released. I tried to get him to confirm that would be tomorrow considering distribution of schedules by league today. However, he would only dismiss that as rumor.

So there you go.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Since I can't make the home opener (assuming it's the 22nd), I think we will make a road trip for this one

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This might be the most Devils fans ever at any away game

Not so sure since every NYI fan will also want to be there I would think.

There were about 5k Devils fans at MSG for Game-4 in 2006, and near that amount @ NYI in last year's 2-1 late comeback win as well as the 7-3 loss @NYI a few seasons ago for an afternoon contest.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Not so sure since every NYI fan will also want to be there I would think.

There were about 5k Devils fans at MSG for Game-4 in 2006, and near that amount @ NYI in last year's 2-1 late comeback win as well as the 7-3 loss @NYI a few seasons ago for an afternoon contest.

i went to a game on mlk day at the coliseum a couple years ago when the devils got killed 4-0. i'd say 25% of the crowd were devil fans. so 4,000 out of 16,000.

i think i'm going to bite the bullet and drive out there for the opener. hoping for a 3:00 start so i can tailgate and drink a few before the game. 1:00 is too early.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This might be the most Devils fans ever at any away game

I highly doubt it.

There are two opposing forces pushing each other here.

1) It's a home opener, which usually equals a sell-out or close to it, with much of that interest from the home team's fanbase

2) A fairly large percentage of fans are just pizzed off at hockey and wont be going back to games yet.

Put those two together and I doubt it will be anything close to a "record" in terms of Devils away fans.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I highly doubt it.

1) It's a home opener, which usually equals a sell-out or close to it, with much of that interest from the home team's fanbase

2) A fairly large percentage of fans are just pizzed off at hockey and wont be going back to games yet.

Put those two together and I doubt it will be anything close to a "record" in terms of Devils away fans.

factor in the buzz the devils generated through last years playoffs and the fact that the hardcore fans can easily get to this game, i think you'll see a very good devils contingent in the crowd. probably 25% or so like its been of late on the island. should be fun.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Thinking about going with a few hockey starved friends if the stubhub prices are reasonable. Anyone know if there is much of a tailgating scene there?

Did you see my photos on page 1? We did keg stands man..

There is also a Chipotle across from NVMC for anyone who wants a bangin pregame burrito

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I highly doubt it.

Number three, there's no time 'at all' (now barely a week) to buy tickets and drop everything to plan a weekend day or night outing. We don't even know if this is going to be an afternoon or night game yet, probably afternoon but you never know.

Personally I'd rather just stay home and flip through the other games on CI (assuming they have a free preview)/NHLN in addition to watching the Devils one.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Number three, there's no time 'at all' to buy tickets and drop everything to plan a weekend day or night outing.

Number four, it's a holiday weekend and people already have other plans.

For instance, I'll be in Lake Placid :yo::nod::handclap:

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
considering going. probably will choose the home opener over this though. we'll see.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Tickets purchased. Going with the dad, sister, and bro. Hopefully they start the season off right, those ********.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad