Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
brad-marchand-and-tyler-seguin-partying1.jpg

sausage party?

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
There are two sides to Seguin. There's hockey Seguin, the guy who wants to improve his game, the guy who is good with his teammates and the guy who handles himself like a pro.......................then there's Marchand-influenced Seguin.

This, :laugh:

He's a party animal when he's with Brad.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How does this make any logical sense?

1) Winning the cup already wouldn't have any effect on his development as a player. That's a team accomplishment...and it's not like he was their leader.

2) If anything, he'll become complacent because he's already won the Stanley Cup so early. Tons of other players wait years upon years for the chance to win it.

I think RNH will be better, but it's close. Either way, if you wanna say Seguin is gonna be better, there have to be better reasons than him winning the cup.

That's not true at all - it can have a large impact. Going that deep into the playoffs and greatly contributing to your teams victory adds a load of experience and confidence to Seguin's game. He knows how tough it can get and knows what it takes - this type of confidence can be the difference between good and great.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I see Seguin having the better career, even though I'm not as high on him as most people here. I really don't know about RNH, he gives me that weird feeling he's the next Daigle...

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
That's not true at all - it can have a large impact. Going that deep into the playoffs and greatly contributing to your teams victory adds a load of experience and confidence to Seguin's game. He knows how tough it can get and knows what it takes - this type of confidence can be the difference between good and great.

I don't think he greatly contributed to his team's victory. He had one good game and was scratched for a lot more than that.

I think the risk of losing the desire to win the Stanley Cup is much greater than the potential confidence gain from already winning it. There have been tons of players that played their hearts out for years because they didn't have the chance to win a cup.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't think he greatly contributed to his team's victory. He had one good game and was scratched for a lot more than that.

I think the risk of losing the desire to win the Stanley Cup is much greater than the potential confidence gain from already winning it. There have been tons of players that played their hearts out for years because they didn't have the chance to win a cup.

He single-handedly won a game in a series that went seven games. He also had a few other pretty good games.

AidanPhalen13*

I'll take Seguin, He showed great flashes in the Lightning series, especially game 2.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Seguin under a good coach would be pounding a 100 point season in 2011-2012... RNH still has a lot of work to do to be physucally able to play professional hockey.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Seguin under a good coach would be pounding a 100 point season in 2011-2012... RNH still has a lot of work to do to be physucally able to play professional hockey.

There, there, Mr Seguin! How preposterous! No need to be in such a hurry! I happen to remember a certain Mr Kessel who was promising 50 goals not so long ago...

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

you don't have to be 200lbs to make it to the NHL when you have talent....how big is St.louis or even look at Nathan Gerbe..

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I go with Seguin. Dude has an absolutely lethal shot to go with his great playmaking abilities. I honestly don't see RNH breaking 30 goals at the NHL level, while I firmly believe Seguin has 40-50 goal potential.

Both will be around PPG players in their respective careers, but I take the better goal scorer and all-around player any day.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
you don't have to be 200lbs to make it to the NHL when you have talent....how big is St.louis or even look at Nathan Gerbe..

But St. Louis and Nathan Gerbe are tiny guys, if they weighed 200 pounds they'd be ineffective. In this case, I think RNH needs to gain muscular weight, true muscular weight, and although I don't think 200 is the magic number, he needs to get another 10 in at least, or show that he can bump NHLers off of him.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I bet at least 25/30 GM's would choose Seguin over RNH. They are about equal in skill, but Seguin is significantly more powerful.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I bet at least 25/30 GM's would choose Seguin over RNH. They are about equal in skill, but Seguin is significantly more powerful.

RNH is more skilled than Seguin.
I agree with the GM stat, as GMs are risk-averse and Seguin has already proved that he can be a solid player at the NHL level (with flashes of brilliance).

If you had Seguin and RNH in the same draft year, I think it'd be about 50/50.

It makes perfect sense. It's the same reason Shane Hnidy is better than Dougie Hamilton will ever be.

It might make sense for some players, but there's dozens of examples of players who didn't win early cups that had their drive only get enhanced.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Have any proof of that? Watching them would prove otherwise. Maybe Seguin is more powerful but rarely do we see it. RNH is much more willing to go into the tough areas of the ice.

I don't know when Seguin suddenly turned into a powerforward but it's starting to by a little out of hand. Things are being exaggerated. Last year when Seguin was being compared Hall he was an undersized perimeter player. Then people see him without a shirt and now he's Getzlaf.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Have any proof of that? Watching them would prove otherwise. Maybe Seguin is more powerful but rarely do we see it. RNH is much more willing to go into the tough areas of the ice.

I don't know when Seguin suddenly turned into a powerforward but it's starting to by a little out of hand. Things are being exaggerated. Last year when Seguin was being compared Hall he was an undersized perimeter player. Then people see him without a shirt and now he's Getzlaf.

It's HFBoards, what do you expect?

RNH has been compared to both Datsyuk and Gretzky. It goes both ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad