RNH or Seguin

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
RNH is vastly superior.

This isn't really fair to Seguin, RNH will more than double Seguin's rookie output. Seguin was exposed in his first NHL season as not being of the soundest hockey mind, an area that RNH certainly doesn't have any problems with.

If Seguin were the mega talent he was supposed to be, he wouldn't have struggled the way he did. It was really hard to watch, actually.

If you thought Seguin was hard to watch wait till Hamilton joins him in a yr or two,O ya lets not forget about Knight.

I'm a Leafs fan, completely neutral to both players and I completely agree with you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry about that but I just had to chuckle.Seguin not a sound hockey mind????

Tyler Seguin will go on to be a perinatal 40 goal scorer and eventually kill penalties as well.

Seguin 1st pro season was most diffidently a learning curve but most anyone could see he oozes with talent ala his coming out party against Tampa.

A leaf fan that maybe is a little sore still over the Kessel deal and is trying his hardest to sell Seguin short to justify the deal.While all I can say is leave those blinders on for the next decade + because Hamilton is on his way as well.

Got to give you props on your aviator though.

Last edited:

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
How did this end becoming a Hall vs. Seguin thread debating which of the two is a nicer guy? :laugh:

Truthfully, I don't care if Hall is a ******, all I care about is that he has an incredible passion for the game and has an insane compete level on the ice, which is really what matters at the end of the day.

For example, Sid was labelled the biggest whiner by his peers, swears after every bad call in every single game it seems like from 24/7, yet if I have to build around any player in the league it's going to be Sidney Crosby.

Character and attitude is only a negative thing if it somehow affects their work ethic, dedication, or passion for the game.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
How did this end becoming a Hall vs. Seguin thread debating which of the two is a nicer guy? :laugh:

Truthfully, I don't care if Hall is a ******, all I care about is that he has an incredible passion for the game and has an insane compete level on the ice, which is really what matters at the end of the day.

For example, Sid was labelled the biggest whiner by his peers, swears after every bad call in every single game it seems like from 24/7, yet if I have to build around any player in the league it's going to be Sidney Crosby.

Character and attitude is only a negative thing if it somehow affects their work ethic, dedication, or passion for the game.
I'm with you I don't care if Seguin is a dick as long as he continues to win us Stanley Cups.

Dougie Seguin

2011 Cup Champs
May 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Seguin vs RNH

Who do you think will have a better career?

Who will be a better player overall?

I think that Seguin will be better just because of the experience that he has winning the cup already. I also think he is a better scorer but RNH is a better passer. Although RNH and Hall could be a lethal pairing in a couple of years if they both pan out

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I think Seguin will be the more complete and well rounded player. Steady, if you will.

RNH will be the more explosive and higher producing, offensive player.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I think that Seguin will be better just because of the experience that he has winning the cup already.

How does this make any logical sense?

1) Winning the cup already wouldn't have any effect on his development as a player. That's a team accomplishment...and it's not like he was their leader.

2) If anything, he'll become complacent because he's already won the Stanley Cup so early. Tons of other players wait years upon years for the chance to win it.

I think RNH will be better, but it's close. Either way, if you wanna say Seguin is gonna be better, there have to be better reasons than him winning the cup.

Dougie Seguin

2011 Cup Champs
May 2, 2010
Massachusetts
How does this make any logical sense?

1) Winning the cup already wouldn't have any effect on his development as a player. That's a team accomplishment...and it's not like he was their leader.

2) If anything, he'll become complacent because he's already won the Stanley Cup so early. Tons of other players wait years upon years for the chance to win it.

I think RNH will be better, but it's close. Either way, if you wanna say Seguin is gonna be better, there have to be better reasons than him winning the cup.

I meant the experience if winning. He already won. And hopefully he will want to win again, so he would train harder and work harder to win again.

Hope that makes sense

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Isn't this topic already been discussed at length in a thread of the same name?

Either way, I am considerably biased so I will keep my opinion to myself.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
brad-marchand-and-tyler-seguin-partying1.jpg

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Seguin. His skill set is very complete in the sense that he combines excellent vision with blazing speed and a blink-and-you-miss wrister. I see quite a bit of Sakic in him, and with Julien's coaching on the defensive side of the game, I think he can one day be the complete superstar.

That's not to put RNH down, his playmaking ability should make him a high-point guy, especially with the finishers he'll get to play with. He also has great skating ability, I don't think he's QUITE as fast in terms of top end speed (not much of a difference), but he's very elusive.

the word*

Over the long run, we're talking about careers, Ryan Nugent-Hopkin's superior skill set and vision will see him coming out on top.

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
Who do you think will have a better career? Seguin already has a head start by winning a cup already

Who will be a better player overall? Seguin, but RNH will have more career points

I think that Seguin will be better just because of the experience that he has winning the cup already. I also think he is a better scorer but RNH is a better passer. Although RNH and Hall could be a lethal pairing in a couple of years if they both pan out

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
RNH will be the better golfer :sarcasm:

I kid, actually RNH may end up being the better point producer playing with Hall in the future, though I am going to go with Seguin, more size, I think has the potential to be the better all around player.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I'm going to with Seguin. He's a cocky SOB. Reminds me of Kane. Thinks way too highly of himself to be anything but a dynamite NHLer.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
I'm going to with Seguin. He's a cocky SOB. Reminds me of Kane. Thinks way too highly of himself to be anything but a dynamite NHLer.

really? he seems really down to earth from what i've seen. Am i missing something?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
really? he seems really down to earth from what i've seen. Am i missing something?

There are two sides to Seguin. There's hockey Seguin, the guy who wants to improve his game, the guy who is good with his teammates and the guy who handles himself like a pro.......................then there's Marchand-influenced Seguin.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Seguin scores more goals, RNH gets more points.

Both IMO will reach that elite tier, and I think it will always be splitting hairs between the two of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad