NCAA GDT: Rivalry week

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
South Carolina hasn't passed the ball like this on anyone though.

Obviously it's just one game. But play like this vs. Alabama or Georgia, teams with defenses. It's not going to be pretty. That's not an overreaction.

So it's only one game. The 6 games before tonight Clemson was giving up 8 points per game. Auburn hung around for a half too.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Congrats to USC on their impending upset and the CFP chaos that is to follow

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Houston had a chance in 2016 with Oklahoma & Louisville on the schedule. They beat both of them but dropped the ball in league play with three losses.
That they did, and they had everyone's attention as well.

These major programs will schedule you for the right price. OU went TO Houston as well.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So it's only one game. The 6 games before tonight Clemson was giving up 8 points per game. Auburn hung around for a half too.
I get what you're saying but South Carolina has put up more yards and just as many points in one half as Auburn did the whole game. I fully expect Clemson to run away with it in the 2nd half, but it's not a very inspiring performance so far is all I'm saying.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USC are playing like they don't want their coach to get fired, and they want to go to a bowl.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
USC are playing like they don't want their coach to get fired, and they want to go to a bowl.

One of my buddies who's an SC man's been texting me going nuts, not cause the game is going well but he's like where the F has this been all season lol?

Looks like SC came to play and ND went to California for a warm weekend. Wouldn't be the first time.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Bummed about Michigan but I'm not about to act as if Ohio State weren't the more talented team going into that game. Nor that they even belonged in the Playoff round.

But I can't stand Urban Meyer and gladly await Ohio State's demise if they reach the Playoff round. Great coach...but he is the Rick Pitino of College Football and I don't want any part of that garbage.

Wins be damned.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
This is quite literally the best South Carolina has played in 5 years and Clemson is still about to go up by 4 TDs. The gap between programs is still huge, although I know Clemson has much bigger aspirations.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Kentucky football;

First 9-win season since 1977

First winning record in SEC play since 1984

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Wasn't pretty for Clemson giving Jake Bentley 500 yards passing and by far his best game in his career, but they still won pretty easily. Luckily there's a scrimmage vs. Pittsburgh for them to tie up loose ends which serious playoffs team don't have/have less of

Reactions: Dominator13

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Wasn't pretty for Clemson giving Jake Bentley 500 yards passing and by far his best game in his career, but they still won pretty easily. Luckily there's a scrimmage vs. Pittsburgh for them to tie up loose ends which serious playoffs team don't have/have less of
Bentley is starting to look like a potential late 1st round pick imo. He's someone the Patriots or Steelers could groom into a starting material QB.

Speaking if which, is Lawrence going to enter the 2020 draft or is it too soon to talk about it? I can't wait to see him with the pros.

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad