NCAA GDT: Rivalry week

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
One game of note tomorrow, the Egg Bowl.

Several games on Friday including the Apple Cup.

Michigan and Ohio State at noon on Saturday. Iron Bowl at 3:30. South Carolina and Clemson at 7. Notre Dame at USC at 8pm.

member 157595

This weekend is the one where part of you feels like you're back in college...kind of makes me feel young again.

Technically, I've grown up (definitely not maturity-wise) and I still feel like I hate my team's rival just as much as I did when I was on campus. Unfortunately, this year we are freaking terrible and they are above average so I'm certainly expecting a loss.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia finally has a shot at beating Virginia Tech.

Sep 19, 2008
Virginia finally has a shot at beating Virginia Tech.

To be fair some of the last few meetings were close, and some also decided the division title. VT was lucky to win many of them.

Right now this team just bad, especially at home. Lost to GT and BC and Miami at home as well as ND. Home Field advantage is slippin'.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't get the Big 12 and Pac 12. They don't have any rivalry games going on this week, they played all there's already. Bedlam should be this weekend as well as the big game.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't get the Big 12 and Pac 12. They don't have any rivalry games going on this week, they played all there's already. Bedlam should be this weekend as well as the big game.

Pac 12 has the Apple Cup, Civil War, and the Territorial Cup. Also Utah is playing BYU.

Big 12 is different, the only in-state rivalry game I believe is Texas Tech and Baylor. Need to get Texas and Texas A&M playing again. I'm not sure why Bedlam isn't being played this weekend, it usually is I believe.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Pac 12 has the Apple Cup, Civil War, and the Territorial Cup. Also Utah is playing BYU.

Big 12 is different, the only in-state rivalry game I believe is Texas Tech and Baylor. Need to get Texas and Texas A&M playing again. I'm not sure why Bedlam isn't being played this weekend, it usually is I believe.

I guess the PAC 12 has those but USC played UCLA last week and Cal and Stanford aren't playing. In the Big 12 Kansas isn't even playing Kansas State.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
What's up with Miami this year @PanthersPens62 ? I thought they had turned a corner last season.
I wish I had the answers. I just know a huge part of the fanbase is fed up with Richt & how he runs the offense. Their seems to be a LOT of players who are unhappy with Richt & it is killing us in recruiting right now. We are losing oral commitments for 2019 left & right because they don't want to play for Richt & the style of offense he runs. He has been unable to develop any of the QB's on the current roster. He blames the players whenever something goes wrong & is stubborn about not wanting to adjust the play calling. And now Thomas, our best player on offense has been dismissed from the team:

This season has been a nightmare, but worse than that, I fear the effects it will have down the road.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

I believe they moved Bedlam because they did not want those 2 to have to face each other 2 weeks in a row....which is ironic since OU/WVU could end up in the same situation.

Reactions: HisIceness

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Pretty pumped for the apple cup this year. Both teams are ranked for once and Wazzu's even favored!
Am not a Coug hater so if they win, good on 'em.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I’m going #HailWV over OU tonight. It’s too bad they lost to Ok St - still a huge game in the Big 12.

And Texas isn’t exactly lighting it up against Kansas. Hard to trust any of those Big 12 teams - certainly none deserving of a playoff spot.

Just think it’d be cool for a local team to win a big conference. Will Grier is an outstanding QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Scott Frost has his kids playing since getting Martinez back

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Wasn’t pretty but we have a date with WVU or OU for the big 12 championship. One more win until the Texas longhorns are officially back.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UGH - Looks like Mackenzie Milton suffered a severe leg injury.

Yeah, he's done. Hopefully he's back for next year. We weren't getting in the playoffs regardless now the committee has an easier job of keeping us out. I just hope we can still get to a NY6 bowl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad