Friedman: Ristolainen turned down extension in Philly.... Moved at Deadline?

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Flyers fans like…

upload_2022-3-1_17-4-25.gif

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I remember after the Blues won the cup everyone wanted their own version of Colton Parayko, maybe Risto is imagining that scenario playing out after a cup run and cashing in.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Hows he been with Philly this year. Cant say that I've followed.

Is he trending towards Eric Gudbranson career?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's literally all of three RHDs in the Jackets organization with any hope of NHL-level performance - that's counting Cuelemans, who's still a prospect - and yet I'd still flinch at adding this guy.

Reactions: BHD

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We know that before the the pandemic Dubas had discussions with Buffalo over Risto.

I wonder if Toronto takes another run at him.

Reactions: banks

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
"Ristolainen wants to experience playoff hockey"

Maybe he should play to the level of playoff hockey if he wants to experience it.
200w.webp

Classic all the tools, no toolbox player. If he didn't put himself out of position so dang much going for big hits, the Flyers might have actually won quite a few more games and been pushing for a playoff spot. Good luck to whoever gets him, hopefully you got a defense first system (think LA Kings cup winning runs) otherwise it's likely one and done for you in the playoffs with this guy spoting your oppenent multiple 2-on-1 every game.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
6.4 × 3 would of been absolutely dreadful for the Flyers.

6.4 OVER 3 years, so 2.13 per. The Flyers are crazy, but they aren’t that crazy.

Personally I’d love to see what he does as a bottom pairing guy for a contender. Bogosian looked like trash for the Sabres, then was suddenly serviceable for the lightning. Wonder if Risto could do the same. Either way, unless he’s ass in the locker room I’d like to see him get in a better situation- he’s not good, his development got stunted and he never figured out the outlet game at all, but he just wants to win and seems to care more than a lot of guys.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Amazing how many chances some guys will get just because some long since fired GM thought they were worthy of a high 1st round pick sometime in the last ten years.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I can't see any team paying 6.4 per season for a 20 minute a night defender who isn't playing great. Has to be 6.4 over 3, but that seems low with the prices NHL teams give out.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad