Speculation: Ristolainen Trade Discussion - The Return

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
That's hard to read. What are the Oilers giving up?

I think the idea is there's a separate tanev trade that the "sources :rolleyes:" dont know the details about. They only "know" if it happens, they other trade goes through. So not a 3 team trade. A trade between VAN/BUF contingent on a different VAN/EDM trade

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
If..."IF"...there is any chance of trading for one of the unsigned RFAs, Boeser is at/near the top of the list with Connor. I would happily add to Ristolainen to make it work, to an extent of course.

I hope the rumor is basically true, so far as Botterill shopping for the right adds like Boeser.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If..."IF"...there is any chance of trading for one of the unsigned RFAs, Boeser is at/near the top of the list with Connor. I would happily add to Ristolainen to make it work, to an extent of course.

I hope the rumor is basically true, so far as Botterill shopping for the right adds like Boeser.

There's literally 0% chance it's true. That guy probably has less credibility than you or I do.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
“We both agreed that there were goals that had to be met, and if he didn’t reach them, then he probably wouldn’t be with the first two groups on the first day of camp.” - Travis Green on Jake Virtanen

Virtanen and a 1st would be a 1st and a guy who can be replaced by countless players in the league. It's probably much ado about nothing anyways.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Yup, that's Laine. One of the best shooters in the league but dragging his team down whenever he's engaged in any activity other than shooting the puck. If he ever manages to become average at other aspects of the game, he'll be an absolutely phenomenal player, but that's a big if.
Sounds like a fair exchange. I think it's easier to improve a winger or cover for his deficiencies than teach Ristolainen defensive zone coverage. Krueger would be trading one special project for another.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Let's say Risto for Laine happens - what are the Sabres going to pay Laine? That seems like it would be a bit of a problem.

Anyway, regarding a Ristolainen trade, in general, I do think it's interesting that the (credible) rumor mill has basically dried up without a peep after Bob McKenzie's tweet about Risto and Faulk being on top of the "trade bait" list two weeks ago. Then, all that stuff about Faulk to Anaheim came out but it didn't actually happen. I know it was reported it didn't happen solely because Faulk wouldn't waive...buuuut still. And, with Risto not playing tomorrow...seems interesting.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Also, the right side of Anaheim's D group is...uh...kinda thin. Josh Manson and...??? Chris Wideman? Korbinian Holzer?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Krueger said yesterday that he and Johansson wouldn't play in the first 2 preseason games. No reason given. But they would play in the next ones.
Unless it is health related I don't understand why you would do that because it basically just adds fuel to the Risto trade rumors fire, which is the last thing we need.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Unless it is health related I don't understand why you would do that because it basically just adds fuel to the Risto trade rumors fire, which is the last thing we need.
I think they know they have a log jam and some of the prospects will be going down. Could be that they want to get Joker and Gilmore et. al. some good looks so that can send them down with a development plan. Sounds similar to the forwards like Cozens and Johansen.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad