Value of: Ristolainen to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Definitely- I think he just never learned poise or patience in dzone decisions, he got thrown into big minutes early and got used to just throwing the puck up the boards to escape trouble. Having a good partner who can serve as an escape route would really help- sounds ridiculous, but if Risto just didn’t have to touch the puck inside the blue line he’d be great. It’s like he remembers how to skate once he’s past that point, thus the offense despite no real outlet game.

Sounds like Muzzin would be the perfect partner

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Just because Ristolainen plays on Buffalos top pairing does mean he is a top pairing defenceman.

There is many, many things Dubas would do to clear cap before trading Mitch Marner for Rasmus Ristolainen.

Clearing cap is one thing, blatantly losing a trade value wise is another.

Who does this guy think he's dealing with? Stan Bowman?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Hyman isnt a depth piece. But I agree with the others.

If it came to it, i'm sure we could move Marner. I'm not totally against it. But to propose Ristolainen straight up is laughable.
I bet his next contract Hyman gets paid like a depth piece. He’s a 40 point player even playing in the Leafs top 6. I get he’s a player that does the dirty work the “big 4” doesn’t do but he’s a depth piece. Albeit a like able one.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Gee, i sure hope you're right. But he played to a 33 goal 59 point pace this season. That isnt a 40 point player. If he stays healthy over a full season and actually puts up something near 30+30 he should be paid accordingly.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I bet his next contract Hyman gets paid like a depth piece. He’s a 40 point player even playing in the Leafs top 6. I get he’s a player that does the dirty work the “big 4” doesn’t do but he’s a depth piece. Albeit a like able one.
Forgot to quote you, see above post.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Gee, i sure hope you're right. But he played to a 33 goal 59 point pace this season. That isnt a 40 point player. If he stays healthy over a full season and actually puts up something near 30+30 he should be paid accordingly.

He shot 19+% though. I like Hyman, nothing against him, but I’d consider anything over 40 points bonus money.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He shot 19+% though. I like Hyman, nothing against him, but I’d consider anything over 40 points bonus money.
He obviously benefits points wise from playing with Matthews/Marner, but those 2 also benefit from the things he does.

He is obviously more of a 40 point player. I think his shooting% is so high because pretty much all of his goals are tips/tap-ins. But if the puts up big numbers him and his agent will point to comparables.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Johnsson and a 3rd for Risto let’s get it done.

Kapanen and a 3rd might. Before you say “overpay”, realize that Johnsson is coming from an injury so there’s questions. Kapanen isn’t. Yes both are 2L/3L people. But one isn’t a question mark.

I’m saying this from a viewpoint of being a GM. And not being the Sabres GM. Just one in general. I’d rather take out the questions.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Which is pretty much why that poster suggested that you don’t understand the impact of such a player.

I don't care what the poster suggests 37 or 38 year old Ron Hainsey should not have been on the top pair in any ideal situation

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
it would have to be kerfoot + johnsson that would probably be have to go back in the deal to make it work out cap wise, and i wouldn't give up those two for risto, so no bueno

At some point, I expect both of these guys to be dealt. Maybe even this summer. Kerfoot is a dime a dozen. Replaceable and not that impressive last year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
At some point, I expect both of these guys to be dealt. Maybe even this summer. Kerfoot is a dime a dozen. Replaceable and not that impressive last year.

I don't know if they both go this summer but eventually yes, especially Johnsson because Mikehyev would just take his spot full time.

Kerfoot would be slightly tougher because the depth at center isn't the same as it is on the wing.

If the Leafs do anything right it's develop or find wingers.

Center isn't the same

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have a feeling that Leaf fans would generally consider Risto untouchable if he was ever traded to them. Especially seeing his analytics would greatly improve on a team that isn’t a Springfield Tire Fire.

That's why I ZERO stock into his advanced stats, because he has been on Buffalo and they have been bad since before he was drafted

Reactions: cheveldae

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don't care what the poster suggests 37 or 38 year old Ron Hainsey should not have been on the top pair in any ideal situation

..and yet, Rielly had his best year, BY FAR, paired with Hainsey, both offensively, and defensively. Think about why that might the case, at least just for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad