RIP Tyler Skaggs

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just remembered that pujols was teammates with both darryl kile and josh hancock in STL

this is the 3rd time he's gone through a teammate passing away during the regular season. crazy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I don’t believe MLB players have roommates on road trips.

As recently as a decade ago the lower tier guys or rookies usually did but I think in one of the more recent CBAs there was some sort of added travel allowance to teams and they never do anymore. The NHL/NFL I think still have the less senior guys rooming together though

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
As recently as a decade ago the lower tier guys or rookies usually did but I think in one of the more recent CBAs there was some sort of added travel allowance to teams and they never do anymore. The NHL/NFL I think still have the less senior guys rooming together though
Yep. I don’t remember the exact number for NHL players, but I think it’s somewhere around 3 seasons I think before hockey players get their own room.

But I’m almost certain MLB players get their own room even if it’s their first ever game on the road.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Hopefully not the case but the statement a couple of days ago by the police which said “it is not suspected” he took his own life is often code to indicate some sort of non natural cause may have occurred like they found significant alcohol or drugs in the room. I expect we will hear today or tomorrow what if was.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Did he have any injures lately that perhaps could of caused a blood clot? Grasping at straws here of course. I live a few miles away from the Hilton he passed in and the scene out there yesterday was incredible. RIP Tyler!!!!!!!!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Angels look real stupid now for withholding the report this long not to mention claiming when the news it was drug related leaked was false. You have to think they held it because one of their employees was deemed to be involved. That probably increases the chance the Skaggs family sues the organization

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The Angels look real stupid now for withholding the report this long not to mention claiming when the news it was drug related leaked was false. You have to think they held it because one of their employees was deemed to be involved. That probably increases the chance the Skaggs family sues the organization

Wrong. Toxicology reports take this long to conduct and complete. They didn't hide any information. Try and know what you're talking about before making an outrageous claim about a situation where someone lost their life.

----------------------

Hate to speculate but we all do it so I'll say the prescence of Fentanyl leads me to believe he was buying pills off the street, probably got pills pressed with fentanyl and other crap cut with it.

Shitty news all around but doesn't change the tragedy of his death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boeser Fan

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So selfish, his poor wife.

The employee part is horrifying, who else could he or she be getting drugs for? Just another senseless death.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What? They denied anything was conclusive because the tests weren't done yet. It would have been really stupid to start making claims beforehand, the family could have sued for defamation.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
also just saw this cryptic and damning paragraph in that article

We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
****ing mixing Fentanyl and Oxys? That's horrible.

Whoever was supplying Skaggs needs to burn too. Willing to bet this guy got him hooked on it after an injury or something.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
****ing mixing Fentanyl and Oxys? That's horrible.

Whoever was supplying Skaggs needs to burn too. Willing to bet this guy got him hooked on it after an injury or something.
Yeah. f*** that person for enabling it. I'd want to know what players he hung with that night as well. It would seem to be pretty unlikely that an employee only supplied one player.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He isn't the only victim. He made a choice that affected more than just his life.
Just to add on: the probable reason I view drugs as selfish is because of my close proximity to them. I can understand that addiction is a disease and still expect accountability from addicts, it can be both.

While Tyler very well could have been self-medicating for other issues or was simply hooked after an injury, he still made a multitude of choices understanding the risk. I don't care what quack doctor you see, all of them will tell you the dangers of mixing opioids and alcohol, that is common knowledge.

I feel terrible for his wife because she will now have to reconcile the confusing emotions that come with grieving for a loved one and the knowledge of how he died. That isn't easy, and it's normal to feel angry about it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Fentanyl is often used as a lacing agent in drugs as well. It's possible he popped oxy thinking it was just that and not knowing it had the fentanyl in it. Isn't that how Mac Miller died?

Id wonder if that family is going to look at that, although that intent will be hard to prove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad