RIP Tyler Skaggs

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow, just awful news. and only 27. what is it with MLB and so many young players passing away in recent years?

crazy thing is that skaggs was the first pitcher the angels drafted after nick adenhart passed. and to think its already been 10 years since that

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
What a terrible tragedy and loss for his family, the Angels organization and baseball. I offer my prayers and condolences to his loved ones and friends during this difficult time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What a damn shame. Guy had his whole life in front of him and just like that he's passed away.

All we know so far is the police have said suicide is likely not the cause. If he just dropped out of nowhere like that, i'd be willing to bet it was probably an undetected/undiagnosed heart defect. Those are killers and are incredibly hard to pin down. It tends to be the first thing people think of when somebody just flat out drops dead like this.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I was just watching him pitch a few games ago. This is both incredibly sad and disturbing with the lack of information out at this moment. Best wishes to his family.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
f***ing horrible. Just got married too. RIP

I feel for Bauer. Him and Skaggs were extremely close.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I mean, what can you say. Just, extremely sad to hear. 27 and just inexplicably dropped dead. I'm 24 and even I find myself contemplating my own existence and getting a little nervous when I hear about something like this. Just makes you appreciate how fragile life is.

Dude had his entire life ahead of him. A marriage that just got started, a family they could've raised. And now he's robbed of the chance to do all that. I feel horrible for his wife too, I can't imagine what she must be going through.

RIP

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad