Red Sox/MLB RIP Tom Seaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I see that the Red Sox are now starting Beer League pitchers. Holy shit Robert Stock was atrocious and not just in terms of his stat line, either. Guy looked like he pounded down 10 beers and a bucket of fried chicken before hitting the mound. I'm surprised there wasn't grease stains on his jersey.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thought they were gonna blow this and win
Martin Perez when he is on hitting 93-95 with a plus change is legit

excellent signing and they got him next year for peanuts

I think Brewer can be valuable in pen

Barnes
Darwin Hernandez
Taylor
Brewer

Sake
ERod
Eovoldi
Perez

there is definitely a nucleus but you have to have Sale and Rodriguez

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Angels won tonight and Sox are a game up on Pirates for last overall

interestingly the last 2 WS Champions are in the bottom three

Sox have worse pitching than anyone I think they can win this

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sox claimed an interesting catching prospect named Deivy Grullon from the Phillies. Was kind of a weird DFA for them- hes often listed among their top 30 prospects. Has some pop for a catcher, he’s a thicc boi

worth a shot

Having a terrible record is nice for the waiver wire at least

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Manfred's decision on how to select the order of the 2021 MLB draft could really impact the Red Sox. According to CBS Sports there are 3 likely scenarios:

Normal Draft Order: right now Boston would draft 3rd overall
Average Winning Pct. from last 2 seasons: right now Boston would draft 7th overall
Cumulative Winning Pct. from last 2 seasons: right now Boston would draft 15th overall

Full story: www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-star-power-index-mookie-betts-and-dodgers-are-soaring-while-red-sox-brag-about-getting-under-luxury-tax/

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Manfred's decision on how to select the order of the 2021 MLB draft could really impact the Red Sox. According to CBS Sports there are 3 likely scenarios:

Average Winning Pct. from last 2 seasons: right now Boston would draft 7th overall
Cumulative Winning Pct. from last 2 seasons: right now Boston would draft 15th overall

Full story: www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-star-power-index-mookie-betts-and-dodgers-are-soaring-while-red-sox-brag-about-getting-under-luxury-tax/
He loves the Sox and wants them good ASAP so likely scenario 1 or 2

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

They would have the 2nd overall pick if they went with the normal draft order.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION WHAT I POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) The story was a few days old so I'm guessing they were in 3rd place then.
Yea I just looked. I do live in the UK so I'm 5 hours ahead and tend to not get the info to the following day.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sox claimed an interesting catching prospect named Deivy Grullon from the Phillies. Was kind of a weird DFA for them- hes often listed among their top 30 prospects. Has some pop for a catcher, he’s a thicc boi

worth a shot

Having a terrible record is nice for the waiver wire at least

love it. 5’11” 240. Christ.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Who is Yairo Munoz?

already love this kid. Went to go catch a fly ball, had some trouble but got it done and had the biggest smile on his face like he knew how lucky he was. He looks like a kid who loves the game haha

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who is Yairo Munoz?

already love this kid. Went to go catch a fly ball, had some trouble but got it done and had the biggest smile on his face like he knew how lucky he was. He looks like a kid who loves the game haha

had a good debut with the cardinals, wasn’t as good last year and kinda got mad that he had to earn his role so the cardinals cut him (I believe he no-showed them?)

I liked the pickup tho. Solid utility type

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
had a good debut with the cardinals, wasn’t as good last year and kinda got mad that he had to earn his role so the cardinals cut him (I believe he no-showed them?)

I liked the pickup tho. Solid utility type

Thanks for the info. This is the season of no names so I rely on you more knowledgeable guys to fill me in haha.

this is like a MLB The Show dream team to rebuild haha

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thanks for the info. This is the season of no names so I rely on you more knowledgeable guys to fill me in haha.

this is like a MLB The Show dream team to rebuild haha

my yankee fan buddy texted me about how frustrating the Yankees have been to watch and I sent him the complete pitching stats for the Red Sox and told him to pick out the names he recognized

Eovaldi. Barnes. Brasier. That was the list now that Workman and Hembree are gone.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
my yankee fan buddy texted me about how frustrating the Yankees have been to watch and I sent him the complete pitching stats for the Red Sox and told him to pick out the names he recognized

Eovaldi. Barnes. Brasier. That was the list now that Workman and Hembree are gone.
Almost as bad as this

aflac-hates-the-mets-29461-1254952420-16.jpg

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

it is... how you say..... ROUGH.

Monuz certainly had a day though! Hopefully the Cardinals mistake is our benefit. Finding diamonds in the rough is exactly what this season is for.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How long do you stick with Dalbec? One of your better prospects, he’s hitting .111 and aside from the homer run in his first at bat, doesn’t look all that ready. Is this good for him or a confidence killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad