Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like it, tanking for first overall just became a lot less viable. Unfortunately it happened long after the Pens did it lol.

It wasn't that viable before. Plus I don't see many teams tanking. If they are the Oilers are better at tanking than anybody has been good at anything ever.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Amnesty/compliance buyouts can only be completed before 13-14. June/July 2013. Whenever the NHL determined. Its not 2013. Redden will on the cap.

WOW this hurts big time. Why in the world would they not change the rules for next yr instead of punishing the Rangers and other teams this yr?

Heck may as well let Redden try and make the team then , no? Crazy as it sounds

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The plan is for JT Miller, the Blueshirts’ 2011 first-round draft pick and one of the leaders of the Team USA World Junior club that struck gold with yesterday’s 3-1 triumph over Team Sweden, to return to the AHL Whale even if NHL camps open within the week.

But should the winger, who does not turn 20 until next month, continue to progress the way he did over his last month in Hartford, there’s no doubt the Rangers will call on him, and sooner rather than later, if there’s a need up front to be filled on Broadway.

This NHL season will be a sprint, with less time for patience than most. It will be tough on older players around the league to hold their spots from standing starts when younger guys have been playing all year in the AHL.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/spurn_baby_spurn_w7ZnlNQzWiCEHtYADhkwrJ/1

Miller's SPC slides this season if he doesn't play 10 NHL games. If Miller doesn't play 10 NHL games,his SPC doesn't begin until 13-14.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
WOW this hurts big time. Why in the world would they not change the rules for next yr instead of punishing the Rangers and other teams this yr?

Because if he gets hurt and goes onthe LTIR the Rangers can't buy him out in the summer. Screwing themselves for next season.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
so can the Rangers not buyout Redden for this yr? IF so it hurts alot as they wont be able to get a good player at the deadline.

Depending outcome of the MDZ contract - I am assuming a hit around $2,5M as was reported by Brooks earlier - they would have around $5M in cap space at the deadline with the inclusion of Sauers LTIR money. Any addition to MDZs contract above $2,5M caphit (as RB speculates and where he very well might be correct) will of course directly subtract correlative money here.

Prorated (based on a 82 game year - not entirely sure how this would work this year) this number will most likely be over $10M at the deadline. Whenever that may be. In essence, I think we will have pretty good flexibility to add a piece or two at this years deadline. Watch Glen get really creative. However, for next year we will really be up against it if we want to keep the majority of our squad intact and only recruit from within. Time will tell though

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

The Rangers are the idiots that signed Redden - I have no problem with them having to deal with it this season, and then an opportunity to buy him out this summer.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
WELL I'LL BE!

They actually figured it out. More than anything I am excited that we will all be united by the NYR sweater instead of bickering over CBA differences.

LETS GO RANGERS! Can't wait to finally watch Rick Nash on this team!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Some new info

Each team will be given the option of two "amnesty buyouts" that can be used to terminate contracts prior to the 2013-14 season or 2014-15 season. The buyouts will cost two-thirds of the remaining amount on a deal — paid evenly over twice its remaining length — and will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the individual team's salary cap.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ive-cba-deal-between-nhl-nhlpa-185797332.html

NHL proposed the buyout needing to be completed before 13-14. Now its over 2 years.

In the 2005 CBA,the buyouts were paid out over the remaining term. Not twice.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
so can the Rangers not buyout Redden for this yr? IF so it hurts alot as they wont be able to get a good player at the deadline.

Someone should send Slats a pallet of Jolt Cola, he needs to get back to business. Alot could potentially be done here.

-Redden is a cheap buyout. He can be bought out for around 4m I would guess.

-We will not use Redden until he can be bought out.

-There are plenty of budget teams who has very expensive buyouts and who will opt not to make them because they can't afford it.

Vincent Lecavalier and James Wisniewski are two examples. VL is owed 50+m and Wish is owed 27m. That's alot of money for two budget teams.

*Would CBJ do Redden and Pyatt for Wish and Boone Jenner? We would be able to use Wish this season, and he would be of great help to our PP and give us a really deep blueline, and then buy him out in 5 months. CBJ saves like 14m by trading Jenner. That's alot of money.

*Would Tampa trade Lecavalier and a first and a third for Redden? They save like 31m. I guess that's alot of money even for Dolan, but there are plenty of other potential targets...

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Will be interesting to see what happens with Redden. If you still cannot buyout an injured player, the Rangers are likely to make him stay at home for the shortened season so that they can buy him out over the summer without the risk of him being injured.

However, that's a pretty big layoff for a player to not be playing any hockey, and it may impact his ability to get a contract when he becomes a UFA.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Someone should send Slats a pallet of Jolt Cola, he needs to get back to business. Alot could potentially be done here.

-Redden is a cheap buyout. He can be bought out for around 4m I would guess.

-There are plenty of budget teams who has very expensive buyouts and who will opt not to make them because they can't afford it.

Vincent Lecavalier and James Wisniewski are two examples. VL is owed 50+m and Wish is owed 27m. That's alot of money for two budget teams.

*Would CBJ do Redden and Pyatt for Wish and Boone Jenner? We would be able to use Wish this season, and he would be of great help to our PP and give us a really deep blueline, and then buy him out in 5 months. CBJ saves like 14m by trading Jenner. That's alot of money.

*Would Tampa trade Lecavalier and a first and a third for Redden? They save like 31m. I guess that's alot of money even for Dolan, but there are plenty of other potential targets...

I agree Ola, I think Redden will be traded to a team with cap room with a pick or prospect, he brings them up to the cap floor and then can be bought at at the end of the season. This is a move Sather is probably been working for a while seeing the writing on the wall.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Are we allowed to bring signs into MSG? I want to make something (something respectful) that shows my displeasure towards the players. (Not that they will care :laugh:) Any ideas? I would bring it down by the glass for warmups.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I wouldnt rule this out.

Redden has to be on the cap this season, and he wants to continue his NHL career. If we had a viable option for a #6 defenseman, I wouldnt even be considering this - but we dont.

A motivated Redden playing for his NHL future might be a better option than Bickel/Eminger/Gilroy. They should give him a shot.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
TSNBobMcKenzie profile

TSNBobMcKenzie BTW, I consider JT Miller in NYC an AHLer since he was playing pro in CT, not junior in PLY. He's a consideration for NYR. 4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Some new info

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ive-cba-deal-between-nhl-nhlpa-185797332.html

NHL proposed the buyout needing to be completed before 13-14. Now its over 2 years.

In the 2005 CBA,the buyouts were paid out over the remaining term. Not twice.

It sounds like Redden is on the books.

But, today is "prior" to 13-14 too.

For all teams, this year isn't a problem. For few its even relevant to speculate if a buyout could be made now or if it has to wait. We are a odd bird here. Maybe the reporters are just sloppy in their writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce