Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Any players with just one season left on their contract that make between $5-8 million that could be bought out or traded for at a minimal cost?
And when would the trade deadline be? Any word on that yet?

One thing for sure is the Rangers will more then likely not take on contracts that are longer then one year.

Haha, Slats might be able to trade and buyout.

IE, trade Pyatt and 3rd to Tampa for LeCavalier and a 1st. Play him here this season and then buy him out in the summer. ;)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Its so nice to be back on these boards. I have been avoiding them for the most part during the lock out. Will this be our thread for information as it comes too? Such as season length, start dates and so on?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Only thing that I don't like off the bat is the draft lottery. It was bad enough when the Devils moved to the 4, now a solid team that missed the playoffs by a point can get the best player in the draft? I know the chances are small, but they aren't non-existant.

I like it, tanking for first overall just became a lot less viable. Unfortunately it happened long after the Pens did it lol.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Jackpot for Philly (or are they stuck with Pronger no matter what?).

I don't believe you can buyout an injured player unless that has changed with this CBA, but I highly doubt the player's union would sign off on that. We will see...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It will be harder to bury one-way deals in the minors under new CBA. This season anything over $900,000 in AHL counts on a team's cap.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/287925490768044032

To be clear, one-way deals in AHL totalling the minimum salary plus $375,000 are exempt from cap. The #NYR have a decision on Redden.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/287926340831817729

Looks like minimum salary was kept at $525,000. Add $375,000. $900,000.

Rangers take a cap hit of $5.6M.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I like it, tanking for first overall just became a lot less viable. Unfortunately it happened long after the Pens did it lol.

Agree with this 100%. I would like to see the mathematical basis behind how they change up the lottery system.

Side note* Now that hockey is back, if our damn gov't could get together and make online poker legal in the states again, I would die a happy man.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Anyone hear an update on the swap of the Winnipeg and Columbus?

last time I heard they were not doing that this yr but something will get done to move Winnipeg next. I would think this would be a big deal and TSN is not talking about it

92hatchattack

Dec 23, 2005
Jersey
So now all we have to do is figure out a line name for when our tripple headed monster hits the ice together.

I'll go first.... how bout the GunsNRoses line...GNR (Gabby,Nash, Richards)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
last time I heard they were not doing that this yr but something will get done to move Winnipeg next. I would think this would be a big deal and TSN is not talking about it

What exactly is this? The only hockey I have had for the last 3 months is via twitter. Can some one go into some detail??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad