In Memoriam RIP Alberta O'Reilly Fan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm completely stunned by this terrible news. I've known Mike as a poster here for nearly 20 years and while he often had wildly different views on the team than most, his passion for the Bruins was undeniable. Man, this is a f***ing punch to the gut. I can't even begin to process this. Rest in peace, my friend.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm completely stunned by this terrible news. I've known Mike as a poster here for nearly 20 years and while he often had wildly different views on the team than most, his passion for the Bruins was undeniable. Man, this is a f***ing punch to the gut. I can't even begin to process this. Rest in peace, my friend.
already posted in the GDT, and it might be a consideration to every GDT going forward if that's what we decide upon or at least the balance of 2021

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
So sad. The Bruins lost another passionate fan. Thoughts to his family and friends.

I will remember him by his positivity thread:

Last year I hoped we could have a historical year long thread that sort of chronicaled in little updated snapshots how lucky we were to see this team playing and marching its way to glory. sadly, I named it the happy puppy thread and it got hijacked by pics of dogs.

let's try again.

theres so many opportunities for people to b*tch and whine and complain about whatever they don't like about the team... SO HERE IS THE CHALLANGE...
THIS THREAD IS FOR POSITIVE CHEERLEADING POSTS ONLY PLEASE!!!

Im going to commit myself to jump in here at least once a week with some sort of expression of my thoughts... so anyone that has a problem with that can ignore the thread now. I don't want this to be just my show though... surely some of you have something positive about the team you wanted to share? let's face it people... this is the team we love. it's ok to express the love for your team. it's ok to establish some bragging rights.

and if any of you really need to negatively crap on the team... please just create your own thread that you can use to do that... let's have one place where we can feel proud to be fans of this team that went to the cup finals last year after putting up one hell of a regular season for us

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm speechless. Just shocked. I haven't read the links provided yet, and I may have to wait until I can digest this news.
I used to chide him every so often on his posts, both on here and we used to message back and forth. His real personality shone threw when messaging, he was always gracious and respectful. So many of us could learn a lot from what he brought in terms of caring how we treat each other. He never seemed to get upset when posters would pick on him for his long posts. I actually used to love it when I had the time to read his proposals. A few months ago he asked us what we thought of a particular proposal and I said something like "you ought to be writing science fiction.'' Of course I was joking with him but I don't think if fazed him (at least I don't think that it did). He worked diligently and proudly at his trade/free agent signing bids.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad