Confirmed with Link: Riley Stillman signs extension (3 yrs 1.35M AAV)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's not large enough sample size to make more than a guestimate but he's shown he has at least three elements that are more inherent than taught - skating, size and toughness. Even if he doesn't become more than a #6, those 3 elements make him worth $1.3M. I don't see a downside on this and there potential for upside, including the possibility of supplanting Zadorov (and his much larger Cap hit) as the resident "tough guy".
Though it is too early for me to properly evaluate Stillman I tend to agree. Zadorov needs to be more consistent to warrant that paycheque. I reckon his worth has changed with Stillman now signed.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wait... you're telling me that a third pairing Dman was getting sheltered minutes? That's *f***ing unheard of*. I actually can't believe that.

Well, now that the initial shock of a third pairing Dman getting sheltered minutes has worn off and I've somehow managed to collect my thoughts...

I do watch hockey. I'd imagine his advanced stats were "so good" bc he was having a significant impact in his role in those years. It's not really up for debate but thanks for coming out and contributing your thoughts.

As an aside, you should give this a read: Zone-Starts – Hockey Graphs.

It may sway you from quoting a useless stat in the future! And for the record, his OZS% in the two years were 62 and 65% respectively (I rounded up for 2013-14, just for you).

He was a 6/7 at best with the Hawks. Saying he was "very good" is nonsense. Your opinions on hockey have proven to be absolutely terrible. Which is probably why you have 16,000 posts and ....470 likes. Perfect example of Dunning-Kruger.

Rozsival's advanced stats were carried by playing with Leddy and being put into nothing but offensive zone situations with the Hawks' best forwards. He was a serviceable 6/7 and nothing more.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He was a 6/7 at best with the Hawks. Saying he was "very good" is nonsense. Your opinions on hockey have proven to be absolutely terrible. Which is probably why you have 16,000 posts and ....470 likes. Perfect example of Dunning-Kruger.

Rozsival's advanced stats were carried by playing with Leddy and being put into nothing but offensive zone situations with the Hawks' best forwards. He was a serviceable 6/7 and nothing more.

Lol. I'm glad you said it. I've wanted to for days. Could you imagine having such terrible opinions that your likes are so disproportionate to your posts? Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad