Recalled/Assigned: Riley Sheahan

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Who is out if Sheahan is called up?

Probably sit Sammy. And move Gator to wing. I find it funny that once Cleary got put on the 4th line. That lately it's always the 2nd line out there. Tatar and Nyquist should be playing together so the Wings can have at least two scoring lines.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Probably sit Sammy. And move Gator to wing. I find it funny that once Cleary got put on the 4th line. That lately it's always the 2nd line out there. Tatar and Nyquist should be playing together so the Wings can have at least two scoring lines.

I am not sure what you mean.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Babcock said Howard will start. Sheahan is in for Samuelsson.

Howard starting? k, I'm not watching.

Nyquist-Z-Alfie
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Bertuzzi
Miller-Andersson-Tatar
Clery-Glen-Eaves

we're looking at another 4-1 or 5-1 game tomorrow...

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I am not sure what you mean.

I think he means go something like

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar

as the top 2 lines, to have at least 2 lines that are somewhat of a scoring threat. The Sharks just completely shut down our only scoring line yesterday, and that's all they had to do to get the win. Tatar is easily a top 5 forward on this team, yet continues to be played as a third liner and get like 12 minutes a game. So dumb, in my opinion. Jurco (nothing against Jurco) gets called up, and instantly plays on the top line, yet Tatar continues to get 12 minutes a game on the third line. This is like Jiri Hudler all over again..based on that, Tatar will probably be leading a different NHL team in scoring in about 5 years

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Nyquist-Z-Alfie
Miller-Andersson-Tatar
Clery-Glen-Eaves

lol now with tatar out, I'm really not watching. Replace Tatar with Samuelsson....that's possibly the worst Red Wings lineup I've ever seen

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Honestly I'd keep Samuelsson in for Eaves or Miller. He wasn't actually horrible against San Jose and was buzzing on some shifts.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Nyquist-Z-Alfie
Miller-Andersson-Tatar
Clery-Glen-Eaves

Babcock has to start Howard either today or tomorrow

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That Tatar-Sheahan-Bertuzzi line was surprisingly good.

I know TZE likes to point it out all the time, and I agree with him, but in GR Sheahan was better with Tatar and Nyquist than Andersson was.

So I would like to try that out as a line. Either when guys come back, or maybe in the mean time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I didnt watch last nights game but you can tell by the production as well that Riley doesnt want to get sent down.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
It appears that even for Kenny it should be an EASY descision Not to re-sign Cleary, Samuelsson, Quincey, (maybe Bertuzzi) etc, I think we've seen that plenty of players (Jurco, Sheahan, Marchenko, Ouellet) doesn't look out of place in the NHL and would develope a lot more if they played in the NHL, so they SHOULD be on the team next season...if not then Holland needs to GTFO

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't mind Glendening, but would it really make sense to keep him on the roster over Sheahan?

At this point it would be ridiculous to keep Glendening up, he isnt playing bad but Sheahan has earned his call up. I've mentioned it before but I would rather see these guys rotated a bit to keep them hungry, dont let Glendening get too comfy with the big club when Sheahan is breathing down his neck and getting call ups over him.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It appears that even for Kenny it should be an EASY descision Not to re-sign Cleary, Samuelsson, Quincey, (maybe Bertuzzi) etc, I think we've seen that plenty of players (Jurco, Sheahan, Marchenko, Ouellet) doesn't look out of place in the NHL and would develope a lot more if they played in the NHL, so they SHOULD be on the team next season...if not then Holland needs to GTFO

Aren't Callahan and Ferraro out of options too? I wanna see what they can do.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I really think Sheahan, Jurco, Tatar, and Nyquist have shown they deserve every day spots over Cleary, Sammy, and Bert.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad