Riley Sheahan is a major disappointment

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Remember when Franzen's floating was an issue? While he still generated a ton of offense. Man, those were our first world problems.

In about 3 years, we'll be saying the same thing about being a 7th or 8th seed and losing in the 1st round.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
When he does score again, whenever it may be, one of his boys HAS to go get the puck for him, right?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
When he does score again, whenever it may be, one of his boys HAS to go get the puck for him, right?

I'd hope not, as his teammate watching him struggle like that I would try to make the goal less of a moment or wouldn't want it to seem mocking of him. Idk though, that's just me.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

"The 25-year-old center has gone 67 games without a goal. He recently set the record for the forward with the most shots in a season without a goal; the previous record was held by the Pittsburgh Penguins' Craig Adams in 2009-10."

Goodness I wonder what other records might be set. He's had a lot of power play time too. Hope he gets one before the seasons out.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If Sheahan scores a hat trick on his next 3 shots, he will still have the #1 worst shooting percentage of all 247 forwards in the league with 60+ games played.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In about 3 years, we'll be saying the same thing about being a 7th or 8th seed and losing in the 1st round.
Some fans will. Others consider the two levels of success to be equally worthless, at least until real progress begins on a rebuild. But who knows if/when that will happen...

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So I was at the Wings practice this morning and figured I would share the tale of 'No Goals.' I was talking to my buddies about how we might finally see No Goals score today. Whenever he was shooting the puck I would make some remark about "here comes No Goals" followed by a 'nope.'

Then this beauty happened:

So close. Shame there is no audio on this as in the video you can hear myself and everyone else get all excited. As he is streaking down the ice I said "First one of the year!?" and then you here an 'aww' from the rest of the crowd as it bounces off the iron and onto the goal line as I remark 'nope.'

Later on in practice, the opportunity No Goals was waiting for arose. I wish I caught this on video but oh well. Half the team had left the ice and the net was empty. No Goals time to shine. Skates in past the blueline and fires a wrister wide right. A determined No Goals corrals the puck and circles the blueline once more. He shoots a wrister off the top of the crossbar and over the net. A deflated No Goals skates off the ice and walks to the dressing room, his plight continues...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
At some point it moves past humorous how bad Sheahan's luck has been. That video above where it squirts off the goalie's stick, bounces off the crossbar, and then sits in front of the goal line before being tapped home is just ridiculous. I wish the guy would pot a goal or two just to get this monkey off his back before going into next season. If he doesn't score this year, it's going to be the story that will dog him from the first day of camp next year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why would we tell them? Won't they be watching the game?

Sheahan needs an immediate trip to the burn unit.

It's amazing we could see a player with significant ice time go 80 games without scoring a goal. 10 more games, folks!

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It's impressive, really. Even face-punchers and AHL call ups find themselves on the end of a fortuitous bounce or gimme tap-in every now and then.

Tanner Glass has a goal.
Jordan Tootoo has a goal.
Mark Borowecki has a goal.
Chris Neil has a goal.

Names like Pontus Aberg, Iiro Pakarinen, Jujhar Kharia -- people I've literally never heard of -- all have goals this season.

Yet having taken 98 shots during almost 1000 minutes of action, Riley Sheahan is still without a goal.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Riley Sheahan is pretty much the avatar of the Red Wings 2016-17 season.

Mediocre, but without a single break, bounce or chance going his way the whole year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That signing was a head scratcher for sure. I would have been ok with it if it were 800K - 1M tops. He was signed only as depth at the center position.

nah

it's looking pretty bad at the moment but a $2 million bridge deal was very reasonable,Sheahan was a 24 year old with these numbers for his career by season:

24 points in 42 games
36 points in 79 games
25 points in 81 games(but with 12 points in the final 22 games of the season)

this on top of being a Center and having a reputation as a defensive guy dating back from before he was even drafted

$800k-$1 million is ELC/Drew Miller type money and downright unrealistic to expect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad