Riley Sheahan is a major disappointment

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I genuinely don't get it. How has a puck not bounced off him or something by now?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I am impressed. I think it takes real effort to go 60 odd games without a goal.

I wanted to see if his streak extended into last year, but he actually scored a goal the final game of the season. Although he did go scoreless in the 5 playoff games. So total games straight without a goal would be 67 and counting.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sheahan is an HFBoards poster, and he has totally committed to the tank. We should all be thanking him!!

He had a nice tip-in against the Bruins, but Rask was lucky. Unbelieveable how nothing goes in.

The season has been ultimate bad for Sheahan, but just with normal puck luck he should have at least ~5 goals total of his chances.

It's not a great number either but that 0 is mind-blowing...

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
He had a nice tip-in against the Bruins, but Rask was lucky. Unbelieveable how nothing goes in.

The season has been ultimate bad for Sheahan, but just with normal puck luck he should have at least ~5 goals total of his chances.

It's not a great number either but that 0 is mind-blowing...

Can we start a thread about how Riley ALMOST got a goal?
Start with that was a really nice tip that almost went in.

A subpart could be how lucky the people were who stopped him.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
There are 42 centers (people listed as center on NHL.com) that have not yet scored a goal. Sheahan is leading them all in time on ice per game.

There are only 4 centers who have played more than 30 games who have not yet scored:
Riley Sheahan
Brendan Gaunce
Derek Grant
Curtis Lazar

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
We probably wouldn't be any better, considering he probably would have stayed in Russia.

Why do you say that? At that point he would have been drafted on a team that still had Lids, nonbroken Dats and Kronwall, and while starting to slide, could have been course corrected.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why do you say that? At that point he would have been drafted on a team that still had Lids, nonbroken Dats and Kronwall, and while starting to slide, could have been course corrected.

He wasn't someone who slipped through the cracks. Teams knew how good he was, there just were major concerns on his willingness to come to North America.

He is apparently very good friends with Ovechkin, and I believe TZE has said he was even in his wedding party. I'm not sure he crosses the pond for anyone else.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He wasn't someone who slipped through the cracks. Teams knew how good he was, there just were major concerns on his willingness to come to North America.

He is apparently very good friends with Ovechkin, and I believe TZE has said he was even in his wedding party. I'm not sure he crosses the pond for anyone else.

Well, a Kuznetov who doesn't come to NA is still better than Sheahan is right now.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Can we just put Franzen back in to take Riley's place for the rest of the season? Even in his shape, he will score more.

Remember when Franzen's floating was an issue? While he still generated a ton of offense. Man, those were our first world problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad