Prospect Info: Riley Kidney, LHC, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL ), 63rd overall

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
It remains to be seen but although he produced like a madman, i don't saw anything elite that would make him an offensive threat in the NHL. His next season in the AHL is very important.

I think Zach Dean is the best prospects in Gatineau.
You mean to tell me a player drafted in the first round is better than a player drafted in the second? Say it ain’t so?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The kid still looks borderline pre-pubescent, give him lots of time and opportunity in Laval to grow and mature and maybe we'll have something in a few years. He certainly has the talent.
He could just have his mom's looks. I am older than most of our roster and still look younger than most of them. Until my hair turns grey.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
You mean to tell me a player drafted in the first round is better than a player drafted in the second? Say it ain’t so?
No. What i meant to tell you is that a player who had 70 points in 50 games was way better than a player who had 65 points in 29 games. Not so say it aint so?

Jul 6, 2016
He could just have his mom's looks. I am older than most of our roster and still look younger than most of them. Until my hair turns grey.
It's not only a matter of look with Kidney. The guy has a very slight frame, and he is not much engaging physically in any game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's not only a matter of look with Kidney. The guy has a very slight frame, and he is not much engaging physically in any game.
That is definitely the biggest question mark with Kidney. It's great that he has very good offensive sense, but he is tall enough that he should have developed physically in the last two years and incorporated some of that in his game. Some players have good careers without having an ounce of physicality, so we will see, but he would be more projectable if he had.

Jul 6, 2016
That is definitely the biggest question mark with Kidney. It's great that he has very good offensive sense, but he is tall enough that he should have developed physically in the last two years and incorporated some of that in his game. Some players have good careers without having an ounce of physicality, so we will see, but he would be more projectable if he had.
He is no Wayne Gretzky !!!!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Better than Mesar.
HRI7zad.png

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Didn't look happy after his goal (great shift!). Looks like the type of guy that puts a lot of pressure on himself, hopefully that doesn't get in his way of making the show.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Didn't look happy after his goal (great shift!). Looks like the type of guy that puts a lot of pressure on himself, hopefully that doesn't get in his way of making the show.
He had an interview after arriving in Gatineau where you could see he was very confident in himself and had a cockiness i wasn't aware of before, mainly because he looks like a 12 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: Guillermo

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There's no chance of that happening. A 2nd round pick that obliterated the Q isn't going to start in the echl.

Considering his main weakness is his strenght that he probably wouldn't get top6 or PP time, the ECHL might be a better fit while he acclimates to being a pro.

He can move up in the AHL when injuries/trades hit.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Considering his main weakness is his strenght that he probably wouldn't get top6 or PP time, the ECHL might be a better fit while he acclimates to being a pro.

He can move up in the AHL when injuries/trades hit.

His strength is fine for the ahl and its pretty unlikely he doesn't get a top 9 role or pp time. The only center clearly above of him is Lias Anderson and he might be in the nhl.

Prospects signed to an nhl entry level contract almost never gets sent to the echl. Prospects with Kidney's draft pedigree and junior production never starts in the echl.

The idea makes 0 sense, and frankly would likely do more harm than good since the echl will likely be too easy for Kidney and he won't in the best state of mind because of the stigma associated with playing in the echl.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
His strength is fine for the ahl and its pretty unlikely he doesn't get a top 9 role or pp time. The only center clearly above of him is Lias Anderson and he might be in the nhl.

Prospects signed to an nhl entry level contract almost never gets sent to the echl. Prospects with Kidney's draft pedigree and junior production never starts in the echl.

The idea makes 0 sense, and frankly would likely do more harm than good since the echl will likely be too easy for Kidney and he won't in the best state of mind because of the stigma associated with playing in the echl.

I don't think he's better (right now) than Maillet, Andersson and Stephens at C.

Blame Hughes for gettin so much depth for Laval/TR.

I have a hard time seeing Kidney beat Heineman, Maillet, Roy, Farrell, Andersson, Stephens, Simoneau and Condotta.

Then the last spot in the top9 would be between Davidson, Kidney, Mesar and Gignac. I think they will put Mesar there.

Then the 4th line is a mix of McKay (for toughness), Bourque, Mysak and Gignac.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad