GDT: RIGXI - Avalanche vs. D*rty Sl*ts

If this is it...

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is there any doubt that if Landy or Zadorov made that hit they would be suspended?

Cogliano saw numbers from like 20 feet away and never let up. Resulted in hitting Timmins from behind, Timmins hitting his head off the glass which caused an injury, and there was no penalty on the play.

I'm failing to see how that doesn't meet the league's criteria for suspension. That is THE criteria.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I’m in the middle on this talk. Cogliano certainly saw numbers the whole way and went for the hit, but at the same time Timmins needs to be aware of his surroundings and brace for hits. Look at Girard for example, he is usually the smallest guy on the ice and guys like to go after him because of it, but so many times G slips checks because he’s aware of what’s coming at him.

Reactions: klozge

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’m in the middle on this talk. Cogliano certainly saw numbers the whole way and went for the hit, but at the same time Timmins needs to be aware of his surroundings and brace for hits. Look at Girard for example, he is usually the smallest guy on the ice and guys like to go after him because of it, but so many times G slips checks because he’s aware of what’s coming at him.

That's true but that's not a defense any more for hitting someone from behind when they're showing numbers. It should have no bearing on his suspension.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
That's true but that's not a defense any more for hitting someone from behind when they're showing numbers. It should have no bearing on his suspension.

Of course not, it should be a suspension. But I’m speaking more of how Timmins put himself in a position to get injured by being aware of what’s going on.

Reactions: Foppa2118

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Has anyone confirmed it's a concussion or concussion like symptoms? His arm/shoulder takes a lot of force in the hit as well.

IMO the Cogliano hit is [at worst] 2 mins for boarding, but even that's debatable.

Looking at that the second angle again, I'm left wondering (hoping) that it could have been Timmins shoulder that was injured. Timmins head definitely hit the glass, but the point of impact is Timmins right shoulder, which also hits the glass.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Benn would love for the Avs to spend game seven trying to kill him. Don't give him what he wants.

I think Benn got hurt during his egregious attempt to injure Girard. I think he hyperextended his left knee. See the gif. It’s right there. He was noticeably less effective after that. Slower. Less explosiveness. So I’d have the Avs run him low and hard on that left knee early to test that loose knee. See if you can send him to the locker room with 15 minutes remaining in the first period of a 0:0 game. Let Dallas play down a 1st line forward for 55 minutes.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I think Benn got hurt during his egregious attempt to injure Girard. I think he hyperextended his left knee. See the gif. It’s right there. He was noticeably less effective after that. Slower. Less explosiveness. So I’d have the Avs run him low and hard on that left knee early to test that loose knee. See if you can send him to the locker room with 15 minutes remaining in the first period of a 0:0 game. Let Dallas play down a 1st line forward for 55 minutes.

Even better: for revenge, send out EJ for one shift to take out his knee like a troll. Karma bitch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad