GDT: RIGXI - Avalanche vs. D*rty Sl*ts

If this is it...

• Total voters

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Timmins had atleast one shift after that hit by Cogliano so i don't think it was a concussion.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think a lot of it is related to his skating. I think he has very poor turning and edgework, he's got to improve in that area.
Even in game 5 when he took his delay of game penalty, Jamie Benn was coming in hard and he didn't really brace himself for impact well at all or try to get out of the way. Now, that's a reason why he took his penalty but it also shows he isn't thinking quick enough out there when it comes to avoiding contact. Benn could have killed him.

He's really showed that he struggles with that at the NHL level.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Even in game 5 when he took his delay of game penalty, Jamie Benn was coming in hard and he didn't really brace himself for impact well at all or try to get out of the way. Now, that's a reason why he took his penalty but it also shows he isn't thinking quick enough out there when it comes to avoiding contact. Benn could have killed him.

He's really showed that he struggles with that at the NHL level.

He has played 4 NHL games...

Reactions: avsfan09 and klozge

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
When I was watching the game a second time last night (yeah I’m a weirdo) I noticed a cool moment with Zadorov and Makar.

Right after the Rantanen goal Z turned to Makar who was coming off the ice and gave him a big pat on the head and said something to him. Makar won a battle and dangled around to get out of the zone to set up the rush on that goal.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
In my opinion, the calls were pretty one-sided for the first 5 games of the series in favor of dallas. Then, in the 3rd period of Game #5 - they had TWO vets that were STILL not satisfied with what they were getting and bitched out the refs enough to get thrown out of the game. Even if it's not the same guys reffing the next game, those guys are all part of the same team. So, in the end I was surprised as well with how they called it because I was also expecting them to even it out but at some point - it had come back to our side in all fairness.

Not me. Take the high road. Trying to take guys out is the dallas stars way. Besides, I'd prefer he stay relatively healthy and remain an untradeable, albatross of a cap hit for $9.5m for the next FIVE years.
He’s untradable with or without a working ACL. But he’s running around looking to hurt our guys. I’d love to see us reciprocate and go after him low and hard. Benn is the kind of clown that needs to learn his lessons the hard way. He needs to be dropped.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I can't get onboard with this mentality. Remember when EJ was targeted and we all cried foul, we are not that team. That's a Dallas tactic.

I agree with others. Send these asshats home having lost a series after being 3-1 up. That is the ultimate payback for their cheapshots and dirty play. Don't lower ourselves to that level. Play our fast paced skill game. The stars looked tired, capitalize on that. Hard forecheck, make them play D, test khudobin/bishop early and often.

If we get into a tit-for-tat dallas style game we may not win and we likely get more injured. Wear them down instead. Dallas is not a particularly good team, play the way we have the last two games.
We can still send them home. Benn just needs to spend the next 8 months rehabbing that leg he uses as a weapon. Will teach him a valuable lesson. Or it just ruins the rest of his 2020. Don’t go around the dirty dogs. Don’t ignore them and don’t let them off the hook with just an L. You drop them if the opportunity presents itself.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He has played 4 NHL games...
Doesn't matter. He's had severe concussion issues in the past, and is now showing he struggles avoiding contact at the NHL level.

If a hit from Andrew Cogliano takes him out, he's not going to survive in this league. He put himself in another awful position on that play and got plastered into the boards.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The best way to beat Benn is to send him golfing this weekend.

Focus on our game, come out with the same intensity as we had in the 1st period of Game 5, and the discipline and defensive solidity we had in Game 6, and there will be only one winner.
He can golf after Rehab. Benn is trying to injure our players. The video evidence is plain as day. He has really bad intentions and we can’t let that go unpunished when he probably did hurt that knee of his a bit trying to end Girards next year of hockey.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Doesn't matter. He's had severe concussion issues in the past, and is now showing he struggles avoiding contact at the NHL level.

If a hit from Andrew Cogliano takes him out, he's not going to survive in this league. He put himself in another awful position on that play and got plastered into the boards.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. You are saying that after 4 games (With a long lay off in between) that he struggles at the NHL level. The sample size is not nearly big enough for you to make that claim. He was fine in the AHL and avoided injury. Cogliano made a borderline hit and all of a sudden Timmins will never make it in the NHL? I'm sorry, but that is a bit over the top.

Reactions: klozge

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He can golf after Rehab. Benn is trying to injure our players. The video evidence is plain as day. He has really bad intentions and we can’t let that go unpunished when he probably did hurt that knee of his a bit trying to end Girards next year of hockey.
Benn would love for the Avs to spend game seven trying to kill him. Don't give him what he wants.

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Benn would love for the Avs to spend game seven trying to kill him. Don't give him what he wants.
I agree with this. I would absolutely love to see that POS get his comeuppance, but we can't afford for that to be our focus. Ignore the asshole and get the much better revenge of sending him to the golf course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad