Value of: Right handed defenseman to Pittsburgh

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
I still think Trouba is just what the Pens need. Is there any fit here between PIT and WPG?

Either a Maatta / Trouba based trade

or a bigger trade, Fleury + Pouliot, etc...

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I still think Trouba is just what the Pens need. Is there any fit here between PIT and WPG?

Either a Maatta / Trouba based trade

or a bigger trade, Fleury + Pouliot, etc...

I said earlier in the thread that Maatta-Fleury for Trouba-Hutchinson would be perfect. WPG fans don't seem enthused by it though so I suppose Pittsburgh would have to add.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I said earlier in the thread that Maatta-Fleury for Trouba-Hutchinson would be perfect. WPG fans don't seem enthused by it though so I suppose Pittsburgh would have to add.

Yeah, it would be perfect for Pittsburgh, but it doesn't make sense for Winnipeg. Why are you ignoring the expansion draft?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
What is the price tag on Sundqvist?

Best that the Coyotes would offer is Stone (50% retained) and a conditional pick (think 4th or 5th rounder that turns into a 3rd if Stone does not resign.

While AZ has the player type that is desired in Stone, I don't know if the pieces fit quite right for value...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Best that the Coyotes would offer is Stone (50% retained) and a conditional pick (think 4th or 5th rounder that turns into a 3rd if Stone does not resign.

While AZ has the player type that is desired in Stone, I don't know if the pieces fit quite right for value...

I don't really see the point in acquiring Stone. I'd love to sign him as a FA in July, but acquiring him now means we're pushing someone else out.

As for Sundqvist, I don't think many PIT fans are all that interested in trading him. His value (especially given PITs lack of C prospects being close to NHL ready) will be a lot higher to PIT then other teams.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The problem with this idea is that the Penguins have to include Daley in any trade where they're bringing in a RD. Now you're looking at Sundqvist and Daley for Stone, which obviously doesn't work. I think it would likely cost someone on Shattenkirk's level if we're talking about Sundqvist or Sprong, because Sprong/Sundqvist and Daley for a lot of other defensemen is too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad