Rielly ranked #1 of 2012 draft class in TSN (Craig Button) Top 30 NHL Prospects

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Only because he wasn't in his end.

Push never came to shove.

Morgan played a ton in the 1st period and his defensive game was great.....good plays to start breakouts and it continued all game when he was on the ice. Watch the game again and report back with facts. He played a great game defensively.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
This has to be the most bizarre criticism of a defenseman I've heard.

doesnt matter .....till they lose a game spott is doing the right things ...but to say hamilton or murphy's defence is ahead of reillys is absurd .....hes a year younger ,but like i say when the canadian got behind against slovakia ,we saw the warroirs and the horses show up
if they get behind against russia reily wil once again ignite the offence
id like to see canada open up the rush with more jump from the defence ,1 thing i think they ll need against russia .....and lets not be mistaken ......subban was brilliant bailing out the rest of the d corps too .....

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
you haven't watched any of the games. you don't know what you're talking about.

you embarassed yourself by running back here after reading the game 2 boxscore and rushing here to pre-emptively argue that you were right all long, despite being clearly proven wrong.

your tactics are as transparent as the fact that you haven't watched any of the performances being discussed.

you are full of it.
you've once again backed yourself into a corner. you have no argument. you cannot address the points that have been put to you.

rielly is playing very well, as i expected. you expected he'd do nothing and came up with many excuses as a pre-emptive strike. that's how little confidence you had in him.

you've been proven dead wrong. admit it and give rielly credit.

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
you've once again backed yourself into a corner. you have no argument. you cannot address the points that have been put to you.

rielly is playing very well, as i expected. you expected he'd do nothing and came up with many excuses as a pre-emptive strike. that's how little confidence you had in him.

you've been proven dead wrong. admit it and give rielly credit.

I woke up at 5:15 and was able to catch the final two periods. Rielly was good today but certainly not great. He made a few nice plays and was as sound defensively as anyone else.
However, I expect more from him on the powerplay. I mean he was given ample time in the third period and did not produce (like the rest of the team). However, he made smart quick decisions all game long.
I also thought Hamilton played quite well today. He is most effective when he keeps it simple. He has a very active stick and combine that with his reach, he will be a very good player. However, he is simply not even on the same stratosphere with Rielly with respect to reading the play in the offensive zone, finding the open man and working in tight spots.

RogerRoeper*

If Rielly looked as bad as Hamilton does right now he'd be **** on so much. Hell, he's playing well and still getting crapped on.

Hamilton looks like ****.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I remember when Kadri played in the WJC, even put up 2 assists in the gold medal game, set up Eberle's tying goal...and was dubbed by many posters as the worst canadian player

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Hamilton had a better game. I agree. I still wish Rielly could be given his usual 20-30 mins but that won't happen. Can hardly wait to see him with the Leafs.

(I don't think Rielly will play a single AHL game)

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
once again, Rielly not on for a goal against, but he sucks defensively

It's good he's playing well so far, but he still does need to up his defensive game, no matter how great his offensive game is. This is one of the reasons I am glad he is in the major juniors this year, I hope he can learn this and it's been said even by himself in the interviews.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Rielly looked as bad as Hamilton does right now he'd be **** on so much. Hell, he's playing well and still getting crapped on.

Hamilton looks like ****.
everyone is biased, but this is taking it was too far.

hamilton was good today. ray ferraro, bob mckenzie both commented on how good he was. his best game of the tournament so far.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hamilton had a better game. I agree. I still wish Rielly could be given his usual 20-30 mins but that won't happen. Can hardly wait to see him with the Leafs.

(I don't think Rielly will play a single AHL game)

I agree, he will go straight to the NHL and I believe that his chances for playing this year have increased a great deal. His play this year opens up the possibility of a trade as well as he makes the Leafs better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hamilton seems like a bit of a lackadaisical big man out there. Sometimes it's deceptive like when you see a guy like Mats Sundin drifting around, sometimes it's Joe Colborne bad. Could play with more intensity, explosiveness, urgency.

12345*

Hamilton needs to hit the net. He's in the high slot on a two man advantage and took like 10 shots and missed the net on all of them. Freakin terrible.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I really don't think that Hamilton is going to be that great of an NHL'er. Cody Franson-esque offense, with better defense. Just my opinion, from my limited views of him.

Seth Jones on the other hand... sure he has been making mistakes but man, he oozes potential. Fantastic in all aspects.

Rielly's defensive game is not very good. Not bad, but not great. I'm sure he'll get better, and I'm not concerned about it, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL yet.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought Rielly had a very good game today, when Canada jumped into the lead, he played to the situation and looked after his own zone first. When he was on the ice, he either skated it out with the Morgan Rielly break out(skated it out) or he made smart stick plays that often go underlooked.

Infact, what impressed me more of Drouin this game was a understated stick check he made to possibly save a goal. That was just as impressive to me, than the obvious offensive imagination of Drouin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I really don't think that Hamilton is going to be that great of an NHL'er. Cody Franson-esque offense, with better defense. Just my opinion, from my limited views of him.

Seth Jones on the other hand... sure he has been making mistakes but man, he oozes potential. Fantastic in all aspects.

Rielly's defensive game is not very good. Not bad, but not great. I'm sure he'll get better, and I'm not concerned about it, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL yet.

Yeah, Franson is a good comparison for Hamilton, he just looks like a big lanky guy with a ton of abilities but always leaves you wanting more.

Seth Jones looks like a tower of power out there. Incredibly agile and dynamic looking lugging the puck up the ice just creates dangerous opportunities.

RogerRoeper*

I love that Seth only got into hockey when he dad got traded to the Raptors.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005

Any particular plays you took issue with? I didn't think there was anything about his game today that would make people say this.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
hamilton was good today. ray ferraro, bob mckenzie both commented on how good he was. his best game of the tournament so far.

That means very little by itself. They've been pumping his tires all tournament long, regardless of how he played on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad