Rielly ranked #1 of 2012 draft class in TSN (Craig Button) Top 30 NHL Prospects

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Did Franson win CHL defenseman of the year? If not, then you have to say Hamilton is ahead of him if you are actually going to attempt to compare their development.

Interesting fact: two Leafs draftees have won the CHL defenseman of the year award since 1990. Drake Berehowsky and Brendan Bell.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Interesting fact: two Leafs draftees have won the CHL defenseman of the year award since 1990. Drake Berehowsky and Brendan Bell.

Do you think Hamilton will have a better or worse career than Drake Berehowsky and Brandan Bell?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Did Franson win CHL defenseman of the year? If not, then you have to say Hamilton is ahead of him if you are actually going to attempt to compare their development.

Lol chill bud

I never said Franson was ahead at the same age...

I just said Hamilton looks like/ plays a similar game to Franson. Of course Hamilton is projected to be better, but they had very similar WJC.
No need to get your panties in a knot

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

To be fair, look at the players that accomplished it at the same age as Hamilton and it is a different story.

I haven't been impressed with Hamilton when he's playing against top level talent(Canada Russia challenge and WJC) but he's a damn good player. He can easily develop into a stud with Boston and it's okay(lol).

Prospects come and go, we got a nice one in Rielly and we just have to move forward.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You're entitled to your opinion. If you believe Hamilton is playing like the future hall of famer franchise defensemen he's touted to be, it's your choice.

Many fans believe his play has left a lot to be desired in order to match all the hype he's been getting. I don't know, and I don't care why the media hypes him up.
who's touting him as a future hall-of-famer? has anyone in the media actually said this? is hamilton getting more hype than anyone else? not that i can see.

lets call this as it is. you're greatly exaggerating the hype hamilton is getting, so that you can argue he's not living up to it.

you have no evidence or reason behind this apparent undeserved hype hamilton is getting because it actually isn't happening.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
who's touting him as a future hall-of-famer? has anyone in the media actually said this? is hamilton getting more hype than anyone else? not that i can see.

lets call this as it is. you're greatly exaggerating the hype hamilton is getting, so that you can argue he's not living up to it.

you have no evidence or reason behind this apparent undeserved hype hamilton is getting because it actually isn't happening.

Read the forums. Do I need to do all the reading, and game watching for you, and then convey it to you in an easy to read format? I never said the media called him a future hall of famer, I said people have a right to their own opinions.

Dougie Hamilton: 9.0C
hockeysfuture.com said:
9. Elite Talent – possesses the potential for greatness, a perennial All-Star throughout his career.

Defense: Nicklas Lidstrom, Zdeno Chara, Chris Pronger

Watch the games, and listen to how Hamilton's point shots are a key to Canada's PP. People were actually joking about Hamilton finally being able to hit the net today. The guy hasn't been able the broad side of a barn for most of the tournament.

He makes tons of mistakes, which get swept under the rug in most cases.

In a game against Germany, he was behind the boards with the puck being pressured by 2 forecheckers. Instead of doing the simple play, and chipping it up along the boards, he tries to stick handle through the 2 players, and ends up turning the puck over. Before he gets completely burnt, he uses his reach to poke the puck off the forward's stick to help a teammate regain possession. Ferraro's take on the play? "Great defensive play by Hamilton." No, it wasn't a great defensive play. The great defensive play would have been to chip the fn puck up the boards.

During today's game, he had his man along the boards behind the net, he lets him pivot, and skate out in front to get a centering pass off. Awful defensive effort, that was apparently not even worth a mention from the commentators.

His game to date (including this tourney, and the Subway series) leaves much to be desired for someone who's Pejorative Slured as highly as Hamilton is. He's been getting better over the last two games, but nowhere near an impact player either physically, offensively, or defensively.

I'm done talking about Hamilton, and I'm done spoonfeeding you info.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I assume the scouts that tout him do just that.

You really need to start writing NHL teams because you clearly have the superior eye for talent.

P.S. That "C" is important in the 9.0C rating you provided, but then it is easier to ignore context.

You'd be surprised how many around here feel they have just that.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Read the forums. Do I need to do all the reading, and game watching for you, and then convey it to you in an easy to read format? I never said the media called him a future hall of famer, I said people have a right to their own opinions.
so now we're talking forums? because earlier you were talking about the tsn commentators.

you're all over the map now because you know you're wrong.

he hasn't been overhyped anymore than anyone else on the team. they're all going to be hyped. this is a canadian broadcast, televising canadian hockey to rabid canadian fans.

if we're talking these forums, i've never seen any player as hyped as morgan rielly has been the past few months. i'm not saying its overhype at all, but the hype and superlatives used to describe rielly have been off the charts.

I'm done talking about Hamilton, and I'm done spoonfeeding you info.
you're done talking about it because you know you're wrong. and there's nothing to spoonfeed because you're simply making things up about how tsn is overhyping hamilton.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
The main difference between hamilton today and Hamilton yesterday is that he hit the net consistently. It made a world of difference.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Isn't this thread supposed to be about Rielly, not Hamilton? Anyways, below average game for Rielly against Russia, didn't do a whole lot. Didn't get much ice time either though, I do think he's being under utilized a bit by Spott, but oh well, he's competing with plenty of other good dmen for minutes, so it's not a huge surprise. Still think he should be on the first PP unit.

LeaffanDM

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I wonder how Trouba got so low? to me hes been one of the best looking players this whole tourny. he looks like a pro playing with boys. he was flying out there.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I wonder how Trouba got so low? to me hes been one of the best looking players this whole tourny. he looks like a pro playing with boys. he was flying out there.

He got low because 8 teams thought they had better players than Trouba.

Probably won't be the case, especially with Dumba being taken so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad