Confirmed with Link: Rieder and Wedgewood for Kuemper

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that unless negotiations go really well with Raanta agent over next 2-3 days that he may be dealt. The comments today by Chayka were made to provide reassurance to Raanta but there was a side order of "we have other options if you choose to be a prick".
You never know what is going to happen until the fat lady sings.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kuemper is good. Reminds me a lot of Jones. Tall, calm, positional. Not sure how he'll do under a system that's less... defensive orientated.

Reactions: RABBIT

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Assuming Rieder is the largest piece we move this deadline. Getting someone who can step in and help now and the next couple years versus a middling pick that at best is 4 years off also helps when it comes to talking to OEL about staying or leaving.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Love this trade in so many ways:

- a constructive trade at the deadline to improve the team after learning that not having two good goalies options can demolish a season
- a clear demonstration that competition within a team is good. We have other (better/cheaper long term) solutions at LW, so no intent to keep Reider
- an emphatic message on Raanta and not the one the trade would indicate. "We want you here, but you can't do this on your own"
- a statement to OEL, Hammer and co = "better goaltending helps the D, we love our D, we want to help you"

Very very smart work from Chayka, players and coaching staff will feel good about this

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Honest to god you would swear we just traded Selanne again.

I think Kings fans basically see it as a hockey trade with value slightly tilted in their favor. It's everyone else going a little loopy.

Another good one I heard today was Hammer is a #5 now. Must have caught those Coyotes cooties.

Reactions: rt

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think Kings fans basically see it as a hockey trade with value slightly tilted in their favor. It's everyone else going a little loopy.

Another good one I heard today was Hammer is a #5 now. Must have caught those Coyotes cooties.
That would be a really good team D, maybe Nashville???

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I would chance write a little about Reider. Reider always gave 100% every shift. He was fast. He was very good defensively. He created a lot of breakaways. I'd like to complete this chance, but I just can't finish.

Well, I'm sad to see Tobias Rieder go. He was fun. With his play he attracted attention, when the opponents focuses on one guy, it opens up a bit for the others. Seems like a high-end return though: another goalie treated like a back-up, but with good starter-stats. A goalie-tandem seems like a good plan given how the leauge forces you to pull your goalie all the time, scorpion infestations and freak highway-accidents aside. I hope they will both be in on that plan. If not, one of them will sit on the bench and think "oh man, am I supposed to just watch my whole carrier?"

I wish Rieder all luck. Except against the Yotes. But apart from that, he can start to score bucketloads.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Wild fan here. While kuemperpedic was not good for us, I generally liked the guy. Hope he plays for you all like he did for the kings. Certainly a serviceable backup this year.

Reactions: Yandover and RABBIT

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
And I should say, he had moments of brilliance for us

That's what makes Kuemper a good bet, especially at the price on his new contract. He's better than anyone we had in the system besides Raanta so he's an immediate upgrade there.

Given his age and that he has shown flashes, inconsistent they may be, makes him ripe for breaking out.

If Raanta bolts, I'd be relatively comfortable with Kuemper + one of the other Similar UFAs we were talking about a few days before the deal. Bernier, Dell, Hutton, etc.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
HgVzjyc.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad