Confirmed with Link: Rieder and Wedgewood for Kuemper

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm not really surprised by it (I'm guessing it's a waiver clear). He started off the season in the A and LA only has 1 goalie in the minors (Petersen--23 years old) since they're taking a look at Campbell. If Campbell struggles, I'm sure they'll bring Wedgewood back up. I can't imagine too many teams would take a chance claiming Wedgewood this season.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Pick up Wedgewood, so you can trade Raanta. If Raanta isn’t going to sign by the deadline, send him to a contender and then the Yotes can sign him in the summer as a UFA.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I hope reider doesn't sign with the kings this offseason.

I think they might flip him as an RFA if another team wants first crack at him if they decide not to qualify him.

Although if the Kings make it and he's useful along the way I can see them keeping him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Go back a season or so and it was regularly written here, I never understood it???
It's okay to be hopeful for young players that continue to show improvement. That makes sense. Rieder plateaued and he is what he is. That doesn't mean that there weren't indications a few years ago that justified hopefulness among fans. It just didn't work out that way is all.

There is a thread on the main board right now titled "How Did Nail Yakupov go 1st Overall" and the answer is because he was a fantastic draft prospect with a ton of upside. Hindsight is 20/20.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Go back a season or so and it was regularly written here, I never understood it???
I'm shocked by that. Maybe I shouldn't be. I know 2 years ago we had Duclair as a core piece. It's unfortunate how his game just seems to have disappeared.

Reider was a good player but 3rd line wingers are easily replaceable.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I was hoping Rieder could continue to evolve as a player after his rookie season but arguably at no point did he develop any further. As mentioned, 3rd liners aren't hard to find.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad