Confirmed with Link: Rieder and Wedgewood for Kuemper

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Like this trade. Reider's agent is a problem and he's at a point where his salary is more than his production so he was at a risk of not being qualified. wedgewood is a serviceable backup. He wouldn't be hard to reaquire. We needed a roster spot to sign Hickey :).

Reactions: Jakey53 and AZviaNJ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Good. Now we have the option of giving up Raanta for picks or resigning him. As seen in the past two weeks, stellar goaltending covers up a lot of team weaknesses.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
If only the mainboard saw it that way. We just traded a core piece according to them. lol

It's so cringeworthy. You can tell how little people actually pay attention to this team, because they all seem to think Rieder is GOAT. Apparently we should all be blaming Raanta for our terrible season as well. God damn there are so many idiots over there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I came here to say the same thing. HF at large seems to think that Rieder is a core piece. Like he's this young ace with a ton of upside. This relationship with Rieder has reached it's natural end and nobody is particularly sad about it. He's fine. He's a 30pt winger that can help out a PK but doesn't play with any kind of passion or anything much in the way of guts and glory. He's a guy. He's not bad. He's a guy. His agent is a nightmare and I'm sure there was a 0% chance Chayka was going to enter into negotiations with him again concerning Rieder. Toby was gone one way or the other. I'm fine with the return. Whatevs...:dunno:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I came here to say the same thing. HF at large seems to think that Rieder is a core piece. Like he's this young ace with a ton of upside.
Well unless of course you were trying to talk trade proposals with them, then Rieder is worth maaaaybe a conditional 6th rounder.

Reactions: Mosby

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Like the trade overall. Rieder was gone in my mind by this deadline for sure. So upgrading our goaltender situation will be a solid move going forward.

Glad to hear that talks seem good between Raanta and the Yotes too. Really hope that gets done.

Also, it's hilarious to me that anyone would call Rieder a core player! He could be a solid player but as rt said he's a guy.

I remember his agent trying to use Kadri as a comparable or something (unless I remember incorrectly) and found it ridiculous. That negotiation really soured me on him as a Coyote, personally.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
For some odd reason there seems to be a disproportionate number of Penguin fans in that thread, I don't know what the connection is.
I do know that I couldn't have cared less when Korpikoski was traded, and I feel exactly the same way about Korpikoski Jr.

Reactions: moosemeister and rt

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Over past 3 seasons Coyote starting goalies have played only 53% (122 of 230) of the games. If you've followed AZ you know how bad Coyotes backups have been in those other 47%.

As usual a Chayka deal makes you stop and think, then realize why the guy is always a step ahead.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Also, it's hilarious to me that anyone would call Rieder a core player! He could be a solid player but as rt said he's a guy.
My biggest beef about Reider was that he could only do one thing well and that is skate fast. That led to him being effective on the PK. If he had any other positive attribute (physicality, offence, leadership, grit) I would have been more of a fan. I felt like he is one of those players that is not talented enough to play on a top line and not gritty enough to play on a bottom line.

Reactions: hbk

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Get your wallet out J.C, I want to see that 4x4 extension. Raanta + Kuemper would be very nice.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Was very worried about Rantaa moving until the Friedman/Chyaka quotes. Now I am liking the trade. I had a big post the other day about how the Domingue situation was tough because he deserved a chance, and the team and fans liked him, but we have no one to back an unproven backup with in the AHL. We cant risk doing the same next year with Wedgewood.

This is a sign that we are looking to compete and move forward rather than just accepting a 2nd or 3rd for Reider and being done with it.

Reactions: Mosby and RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad