Prospect Info: Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Mike Fisher strength is so rare. Ovie is one that comes to mind. Guys that just rock others on ice but hardly ever get nudged off pucks. Odd thing about Fisher is I don't remember other teams every going after him. He just seemed to push people down without needing to take a run.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Team Canada's WJC camp is absolutely stacked. Strong draft year for Canada combined with several players made available due to the late start to the NHL season that would have otherwise not been made available.

Maybe they consider taking Greig as an energy guy for the 4th line, but I imagine he'll be on the outside looking in. Probably plays in the following tournament though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Team Canada's WJC camp is absolutely stacked. Strong draft year for Canada combined with several players made available due to the late start to the NHL season that would have otherwise not been made available.

Maybe they consider taking Greig as an energy guy for the 4th line, but I imagine he'll be on the outside looking in. Probably plays in the following tournament though.

Yeah, there is a lot of talent this year. As you said, his best chance at getting in will be his versatility and style. There are 14 f's at camp who were drafted ahead of him, and the only guys who are in his age group who were drafted after him are Bourque and Goncalves, as far as I can tell. That also doesnt include guys like Rees and Beckman - guys who are older than him and have developed at a high rate since being drafted.

His ability to play C or LW and his pesty, pro-style game will definitely help him, but if it helps him enough to crack the squad is not something I'd be confident about. Next year he should at least have an inside track, especially since the 2021 draft year is not as FWD heavy, plus some guys on this team will be in the NHL.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
this is just one person's guess. I would be amazed if he nailed it ... but the depth is crazy.

My guess is Lafrenniere doesn't go. He has nothing to gain hockey wise.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Hockey Canada wants to go in a different direction. It's a very competitive camp and some good players are just going to miss the cut. I'm sure Lafreniere is gutted, but he should remain proud that he made the team last year.
Not at all this all has to do with what Laf and the Rangers want to do. Hockey Canada would take him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
ya dont think hes making this team... he may be that fourth liner everyone falls in love with but as it stands now... i just dont see a way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad