Value of: Rickard Rakell

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree. I'm extremely hesitant to trade Timmins, and the only circumstance I'd seriously consider it is if we were to acquire another really good RHD which would obviously make Timmins expendable.

Timmins would be my main target from avs but id consider something around 1st + bowers/kaut and id prob add to have helleson as part of the deal

A lot depends on how the draft goes too... if we end up with drysdale...a rhd might not be such a priority going forward.... wed have a better idea after lottery

Reactions: Richard88

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Would definitely do Broberg + 1st for Rakell especially if they take Russell 4 million cap hit 1.5 million remaining July 2nd or Chiasson

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Would definitely do Broberg + 1st for Rakell especially if they take Russell 4 million cap hit 1.5 million remaining July 2nd or Chiasson

I think I would rather have Timmins since he is a RHD, but the 20 would be better then 27. IDK. I feel like this is the deal that would get it done though. 1st and NHL ready/high level defensive prospect.

It would be really nice to not trade Rakell in the division though...

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think I would rather have Timmins since he is a RHD, but the 20 would be better then 27. IDK. I feel like this is the deal that would get it done though. 1st and NHL ready/high level defensive prospect.

It would be really nice to not trade Rakell in the division though...

I would take the Broberg + 1st package over Timmins + 1st. RHD doesn't really matter to me b/c neither guy is going to play in the NHL in 20/21. Really depends on how the scouts view each player. Bouchard is also a player that checks a lot of boxes for the Ducks (big shot, young, RHD, good size) but I'm not sure if his star has fallen a bit since he was drafted. Either way, wouldn't surprise me if Rakell was moved this summer...he needs a change of scenery.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The Ducks should require a king's ransom for Rakell at that cap hit. He's signed at 3.7M for crying out loud!

I'm thinking the return from the Coleman trade + another piece, or at least an upgrade to the prospect offered.

Avs: 1st + Newhook or 1st + Jost + Kaut
Canes: 1st + Suzuki
Rangers: 1st + Kravstov
Flyers: 1st + Frost

None of these fanbases are going to like these trades, but that's because you'd be trying to trade for a young, 30-goal scorer for under 4M for 2 years.
Frost is worth more alone and all are terrible for teams not named Anaheim besides the canes deal. 2nd Avalanche deal is an overpayment but it’s something that is possible.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Frost is worth more alone and all are terrible for teams not named Anaheim besides the canes deal. 2nd Avalanche deal is an overpayment but it’s something that is possible.
Id disagree strongly... might be a little high but i wouldnt call em terrible.

And lol at frost

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would take the Broberg + 1st package over Timmins + 1st. RHD doesn't really matter to me b/c neither guy is going to play in the NHL in 20/21. Really depends on how the scouts view each player. Bouchard is also a player that checks a lot of boxes for the Ducks (big shot, young, RHD, good size) but I'm not sure if his star has fallen a bit since he was drafted. Either way, wouldn't surprise me if Rakell was moved this summer...he needs a change of scenery.

It sounds like Timmins is ready to playin the NHL. I agree take the BPA, but all things equal we need the RHD with Cam and Hampus on the left side.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It sounds like Timmins is ready to playin the NHL. I agree take the BPA, but all things equal we need the RHD with Cam and Hampus on the left side.

Reasonable arguments but I guess I just don't think Timmins is ready for the NHL for another year and that his upside is way below that of Broberg. If I'm trading one of the Ducks players who is on a great contract I'd want to make sure I'm getting full value. Timmins and a late 1st just doesn't scream equal value to me.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Id disagree strongly... might be a little high but i wouldnt call em terrible.

And lol at frost
As a leafs fan I’d say Frost has similar value to William Nylander/Rasmus Sandin and both leafs are worth more then Rakel. Frost will be a star.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
As a leafs fan I’d say Frost has similar value to William Nylander/Rasmus Sandin and both leafs are worth more then Rakel. Frost will be a star.
if you think that, then you'd be dumb and wrong. how does a prospect with not so great stats in the NHL or AHL have equal value to two wingers who have hit 60+ points multiple times? they don't.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
if you think that, then you'd be dumb and wrong. how does a prospect with not so great stats in the NHL or AHL have equal value to two wingers who have hit 60+ points multiple times? they don't.
He’s 20 years old with potential to be a star the fact he’s in the NHL and on an ELC is extremely valuable. I guarantee the Flyers wouldn’t swap Frost for Either of those 3 because of expansion protection.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He’s 20 years old with potential to be a star the fact he’s in the NHL and on an ELC is extremely valuable. I guarantee the Flyers wouldn’t swap Frost for Either of those 3 because of expansion protection.

This is the most HFBoards thing I have ever read.

He has the same value as Nylander who is 23 with 2 60+ point season and on his way to a 70 point season before Covid. Nylander who is signed to a solid contract for 5 more years.
What world is this. I would be furious if we had Nylander and we traded him for a 21 year old with 29 total points in the AHL.

For example, Sam Steel has a pretty similar pedigree, with better stats in the AHL and NHL in his D+3 season. I would drive Steel to Toronto myself if we could get Nylander straight up for him.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
This is the most HFBoards thing I have ever read.

He has the same value as Nylander who is 23 with 2 60+ point season and on his way to a 70 point season before Covid. Nylander who is signed to a solid contract for 5 more years.
What world is this. I would be furious if we had Nylander and we traded him for a 21 year old with 29 total points in the AHL.

For example, Sam Steel has a pretty similar pedigree, with better stats in the AHL and NHL in his D+3 season. I would drive Steel to Toronto myself if we could get Nylander straight up for him.
In my eyes Frost>>>Steel and no the leafs obviously wouldn’t move Nylander for Frost but if I were the Flyers GM on the surface looking at the upcoming expansion draft and no secondary deals lined up. I would not move Frost for Nylander. Frost could be better and is exempt/cheap/cost controlled etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad