Value of: Rickard Rakell

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Avs offer 1st + Jost + prospect (not named Timmins, Byram or Newhook)?
:dunno:
I'd only consider it if the prospect is Timmins (I understand Byram and Newhook are off limits). That 1st is going to be in the mid to late 20s, and while Jost is a decent piece, I'd like something with more upside. Rakell would be fantastic on that team.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs likely wouldnt be in the running, but I'd love to see this guy alongside AM and willy, with Hyman returning to the JT/Marner line.
Johnsson + Dermott?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Helleson or Zhuravlyov
Zadorov is also avalaible
I wouldnt mind something around
1st + bowers/kaut + helleson
For
Rakell +

I think the + is debatable, but i think the package is a little rich for avz so anaheim would need to balance out a bit.

Reactions: milehigh11

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Leafs likely wouldnt be in the running, but I'd love to see this guy alongside AM and willy, with Hyman returning to the JT/Marner line.
Johnsson + Dermott?

So... an injured bottom 6 winger that makes almost as much as Rakell does and a LD ANA doesn't need, can't protect and who needs a raise next year? Why would they even consider that?

If your offer doesn't start with a 2020 1st or one of your top prospects, don't bother

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Can you tell me more about Kaut? He kind of intrigues me but I know very little about him.
He's good. I'd almost to be hesitant to put him in the deal because that might be an overpayment, but the Avs are kind of in a position where they can overpay for a player on a good contract because they only have so many forward spots available and a lot of guys knocking at the door. But ideally he isn't in this deal and a different prospect is (also except Annunen ;)). Think Helleson, Bowers or Kovalenko or something. Or include Zadorov and alter the deal a bit.

Anyway, Kaut is a good 2-way guy that wins board battles and has a good hockey IQ. He works hard and has a good shot. Likely tops out as a 2nd line winger but more likely a really solid 3rd liner that can play in all situations. If there's one knock it's his skating but he hasn't looked out of place at the NHL level and has performed quite well in fact. I'm a fan of his, but if we add Rakell there would only be room on the 4th line. Which would be amazing haha. I'd probably have the lines something like this:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nichuskin - Kadri - Burakovsky
Rakell - Compher - Donskoi
Namestnikov - Bellemare - Calvert
(Kaut), Bowers, O'Connor

Before I get flack for that 2nd line, they were playing extremely well before the break and injuries. Plus Rakell really boosts the skill on that 3rd line and wouldn't be there all year. But sign me up for these forwards.

Reactions: Paul4587

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Can you tell me more about Kaut? He kind of intrigues me but I know very little about him.

Kaut is a RW Sniper. Solid defensively, hard working with an excellent shot. Being a European, allowed to directly play in the AHL against much older players. Struggled possibly due to age, lack of a 1C, injuries or environment.

He was excellent playing International Tourneys and his 9 NHL games. Sakic thinks very highly on his future, doubtful he’ll be included.

Reactions: Paul4587

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
If your offer doesn't start with a 2020 1st or one of your top prospects, don't bother

So a team should trade assets that are protected in an expansion draft for a player with two years left who has to be protected?

Possibly a late 1st in 2020 but more likely a conditional 2021 1st.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So a team should trade assets that are protected in an expansion draft for a player with two years left who has to be protected?

Possibly a late 1st in 2020 but more likely a conditional 2021 1st.
Yep glad you can read

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would love him on the Rangers (playing with Zibby) but not sure Rangers are in spot to trade a first (albeit they have two first rounders) and a prospect.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would love him on the Rangers (playing with Zibby) but not sure Rangers are in spot to trade a first (albeit they have two first rounders) and a prospect.
That would be a solid move... Zibby and Rakell play well together.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad