Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
That's the hardest part. Maybe the team will hook him up to an IV before the game. Not really sure the SOP.

“I’m good, better,” Nash said after today’s morning skate. “It was a rough couple of hours. I feel good (now). I felt strong out there, better than I thought. I just caught some 24-hour bug, some sort of flu. I couldn’t keep anything down. Everything was coming in and out.”

Nash said he felt fine during Tuesday’s practice but started to feel sick almost as soon as he got back to his apartment.

“I couldn’t keep the food down,” Nash said. “I was trying to hydrate myself with liquids but everything was rolling through. I just didn’t feel right.”

To the point where he was concerned he might not be able to play in Game 1.

“You don’t know how long these things are going to last, especially with all the medical scares (mumps, etc) that went around this year,” Nash said. “You just don’t know. Last night, I started to turn a corner. I felt better today.”

Coach Alain Vigneault, though, said he was confident the Rangers’ leading scorer would be able to dress tonight.

“Our staff felt that with the fluids he drank last night, he would be good to go today,” Vigneault said.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Hoepfully its enough. Its hard to drink a lot when you got that ****** feeling.

Sounds exactly what I had yesterday, sucks.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Nash is here to score goals or help create goals. Everything else is an added plus but not the reason he is paid what he is paid. End of story. It doesn't matter if he is Gandhi and if he tries really hard. It is about results. And people can't handle the truth.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
7.9 mil is a big chunk of cap. He needs to be more than a good 2 way player. He needs to score goals. He did well enough during the season, but that 7.9 mil needs to produce some offense in the Playoffs. If he doesn't, criticism is warranted.

Clean slate, Rick. New season. Let's get it done.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can't wait until the meltdown that ensues when he goes through one period scoreless.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nash should be salivating at the terribly depleted blue line he's about to face and hopefully pot some G's and get the goal scoring ball rolling early in these playoffs

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Nash should be salivating at the terribly depleted blue line he's about to face and hopefully pot some G's and get the goal scoring ball rolling early in these playoffs

Everyone knows I killed the guy's playoff value before the last playoffs happened, as the last playoffs happened, and haven't been totally convinced this year's playoffs will be any better. But I actually do have hope that he'll tear up this pens squad. I'm not sure there could have been an easier matchup for him.

The flip side is, yeah if he ****s up again then he'll deservedly be dead to me.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Funny thing on tonight's assist is that he took the shot from that same old spot that gets on my nerves.

But tonight he did something different with that shot:

First...he wound up and made it a heavy slap shot. Usually it's a weaker wrist shot from that spot.

Second, he kept the puck low, making a rebound more likely.

Much better result with tonight's shot than he gets with the wrister to the belly. Fleury couldn't control the rebound on the low blast and we scored as a result. I'm not saying Brass will always be there for a 'bound goal, but it was nice to see. I want to see this shot more often....especially if the alternative is a wrist shot to the mid-section.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Funny thing on tonight's assist is that he took the shot from that same old spot that gets on my nerves.

But tonight he did something different with that shot:

First...he wound up and made it a heavy slap shot. Usually it's a weaker wrist shot from that spot.

Second, he kept the puck low, making a rebound more likely.

Much better result with tonight's shot than he gets with the wrister to the belly. Fleury couldn't control the rebound on the low blast and we scored as a result. I'm not saying Brass will always be there for a 'bound goal, but it was nice to see. I want to see this shot more often....especially if the alternative is a wrist shot to the mid-section.

Which is why he 100% made that goal happen. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Everyone should look at the PGT poll voting. Nash had 3 votes, Brassard had the third most after McDonagh and Hank and over Miller? Yeah okay Brassard finished on that play, but it was ****ing gift-wrapped by a very smart shot from Rick Nash creating one of the best rebound chances we've seen probably all year. For the rest of the game Brassard played about as plain as Nash did, yet somehow he's third POTG over Miller who had a ridiculous evening, but didn't score.

Says a lot about our fan base and how they choose players of the game.

For Game 1 in a 2-1 win where most of the team wasn't exactly world beater, and he created the first goal, I'll take it.

I think he could have played that breakout in the third a little better, but credit the defensemen and Fluery for taking away a lot of his options. It was one game, I'm not going to take much away from it. We'll see how this first series goes.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
From PGT:

Indeed...

"It's all a credit to Rick there; he didn't shoot to score, he did that on purpose," Brassard said. Brassard said he and Nash work on that specific play a lot during practice.

"Not every practice, but we have a drill that we do," he said. "We want to be a drive, drive team. We want to have a guy always in the middle there, and if you look at our practices you're going to find that play quite often."​

100% intentional play. Very smart play.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
From PGT:

100% intentional play. Very smart play.

YUP...and then let somebody else go to the dangerous area for the rebound. Still...seems like a lot of dough to pay a guy to shoot from that far out just for a rebound chance.....LOL....maybe I am wrong...;)

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I'll agree that goal was thanks to Nash, but he looked very timid last night. Not what I want to see from him. He also skated with not much energy many times during the game so I am hoping it is just the stomach bug still showing its effects.

I am looking forward to a better 2nd game from Nash.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I'll agree that goal was thanks to Nash, but he looked very timid last night. Not what I want to see from him. He also skated with not much energy many times during the game so I am hoping it is just the stomach bug still showing its effects.

I am looking forward to a better 2nd game from Nash.

Yeah, I think he was OK last night especially since he had the flu, but he has to raise his game these playoffs. OK doesn't cut it for him.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nash was good. His defense outweights him not scoring by a mile. He'll score eventually.
Let's just focus on that statement. So if he scores zero goals and plays very well defensively, he will have been a success?

This is just about the statement and not about his overall game.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He also had that chance in the third period where he was looking to barrel towards the center of the ice, but he quickly got double teamed.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Short of a hat trick where all the goals from between the circles, Nash will always have complaints. Some people just need a whipping boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad