Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
What are your statistical expectations for Nash moving forward? I think that the Nash we're seeing now is the leanest, meanest scoring machine we've had in a long time. A very different scoring beast than Gaborik when he was flying high with us.

The ways he is making things happen is remarkable. He's really scoring out of sheer willpower it seems. I think he could definitely hit 35+ goals with relative ease at the pace he's going and the effort he's been putting in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I certainly don't envision him keeping up this crazy scoring pace. He'll go cold eventually, he always does. However, the biggest thing for me is how much of an impact he's making outside of the "G" column. He's playing physically and creating a lot of chances. That's a really positive sign for him putting up big numbers this year.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
He does this all season and he wins a Hart, he has been the sparkplug for the team these past 9 games and it has been a wild ride

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
We all know he's not going to keep scoring goals like this, but he's doing literally everything else right. There's nothing more you can ask of him right now. Him, along with Brassard and Zuccarello, turned the game around completely last night. Total ****ing clinic.

Even when Nash was blazing hot last year, he still wasn't very involved away from the puck.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We all know he's not going to keep scoring goals like this, but he's doing literally everything else right. There's nothing more you can ask of him right now. Him, along with Brassard and Zuccarello, turned the game around completely last night. Total ****ing clinic.

Even when Nash was blazing hot last year, he still wasn't very involved away from the puck.

You are absolutely right. The only time he was involved away from the puck was during the PO's when he wasn't scoring.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nash looks like the veteran leader that you hope young superstars eventually mature into after getting an early start in his career having many years in the league. He is putting this team on his back in more ways than just points. A real team leader.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'd really like to see 80 points from Nash this season, 35 + goals.

With Nash to Stanley Cup Victory!

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Nash looks like the veteran leader that you hope young superstars eventually mature into after getting an early start in his career having many years in the league. He is putting this team on his back in more ways than just points. A real team leader.

Agreed. It's interesting that it's happened after he was passed over for a letter.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What are your statistical expectations for Nash moving forward? I think that the Nash we're seeing now is the leanest, meanest scoring machine we've had in a long time. A very different scoring beast than Gaborik when he was flying high with us.

The ways he is making things happen is remarkable. He's really scoring out of sheer willpower it seems. I think he could definitely hit 35+ goals with relative ease at the pace he's going and the effort he's been putting in.

at this point 35 goals would be a little disappointing. He only needs 26 more in the remaining 73 games. That's not a ton to ask of a superstar like him.

I'd like him to shoot for 50.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I want Nash to hit 40, if he is healthy for the full season. He was on pace for 40 his first season here and was damn impressive. Last year he was concussed 3 games in and played scarred.

Its kind of weird lockout season followed by the concussion. We don't know what Nash is like under normal circumstances. He has not started a season here routinely until now.

mrudds90

NYR
Jan 25, 2010
NJ
Its an absolute treat that he has scored nine goals this early, but what has been most impressive for me has been all of the things hes doing that don't show up on the score sheet. His work ethic through these first 9 games has been unmatched. He's fore checking, back checking, using that big frame. Last night his hit on Koivu was what indirectly led to our third goal. He dispossessed him of the puck, played it to Zucc then went for a change. Zucc went in on the fore check, won the puck and played the puck to Hags. It was a great play by Zucc, but Nash began that play. Hes just SO engaged. Mentally and physically. This is the Rick Nash we all wanted to see when we acquired him. Hes absolutely a force to be reckon with when hes playing this way. I love it.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Best part of Nash's game right now is he is involved in every facet of the game and is a catalyst on both ends of the ice. Unlike Gabby who at his peak with us was still more of a scorer and not used defensively, Nash is playing an elite two way game right now and doing what shows up on the scoresheet and what doesn't.

This is the Nash we traded for, no concussion problems, no lockout season and no new system to play under. All systems are go right now let's just hope he keeps it up and plays like this in the playoffs; because although we see how well he's playing the naysayers won't stop until he puts up numbers in the playoffs.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
at this point 35 goals would be a little disappointing. He only needs 26 more in the remaining 73 games. That's not a ton to ask of a superstar like him.

I'd like him to shoot for 50.

I try to keep my expectations low :nod:. I would still say however that 50 is within the realm of possibility, though I wouldn't wager on it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The goal scoring is great, but that's to be expected from him to an extent. I know he struggled to score goals at some parts last year, but this SH% was ridiculously low. He's a scorer and he's going to score given time to even out any aberrations.

What blows me away is his defensive play. You can have him out in literally any situation right now with complete faith that he's one of the best skaters for that role. Seems like every time a d-man pinches and gets beat, Nash is the one back in the zone nagging that forward. And the takeaways, my god, the takeaways.

I really think that his scoring struggles in the playoffs opened him up to a whole different side of the game. Obviously, I'd trade anything to have had them win the cup, but as far as not winning goes, maybe having a catalyst to turn Nash from a great scorer to a great complete player was a win. He won't keep scoring like this, but if he can keep playing like this, it'll be a huge, huge boost to the team.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
He's looking great in the good scoring areas. You know, the coaches aren't lying when they say go here and you're bound to pop in a few goals.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Said game one of the season Nash will have a career year. He is in outstanding shape, passed his concussion issues. He is scary every time he is on the ice also being productive on both sides which makes him so valueable. When you have a player who plays like this in my opinion he is well worth every cent of that 7.8m contract. I can see him net from 35-50 goals. Just hope he can stay healthy, our luck he'll end up getting hurt..

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
He looks great. Maybe going through last year's long playoff run helped him, along with extra time elapsed since the concussions.

Seems unrealistic to expect him to maintain this level all season. The main thing is to bring this in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad