Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He hasn't played a game yet and everyone is complaining. Forget last year, he didnt lose you the cup. Get over it and hope he plays well on Thursday.

If he wasn't playing a permitter game up until he was rested, and teams regularly went right back to the finals, I could live with another decent defensive performance thread from him.

I guess I'll have to be like the leveled headed people in the game day thread who are ******** on AV.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
He hasn't played a game yet and everyone is complaining. Forget last year, he didnt lose you the cup. Get over it and hope he plays well on Thursday.

If you don't want to talk about Rick Nash, I would suggest avoiding the "Player Discussion: Rick Nash" thread.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Bure was 16-15-31.

And do you think getting stoned by Richter helped the Canucks turn the series?

nope. it was very un-clutch. so not elite.

He's supposed to be an elite player. I don't care what people say about luck. There is luck, but somehow the big game players find a way to make it happen.

I'm sorry. This man needs to make his own luck.

So...31 points. Elite, big game player?
Misses penalty shot. Not elite, big game player?

You said earlier in the thread, it's not about the numbers for Nash, it's the style of play. Then you post Bure's numbers. You say that elite players make their own luck and score in the most important moments, but ignore in your own examples where that ideology falls short.

I'm not trying to compare Bure and Nash, especially in the post-season, so please just save that snark for somebody else. Just trying to get straight what it is you're actually saying.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
nope. it was very un-clutch. so not elite.

So...31 points. Elite, big game player?
Misses penalty shot. Not elite, big game player?

You said earlier in the thread, it's not about the numbers for Nash, it's the style of play. Then you post Bure's numbers. You say that elite players make their own luck and score in the most important moments, but ignore in your own examples where that ideology falls short.

I'm not trying to compare Bure and Nash, especially in the post-season, so please just save that snark for somebody else. Just trying to get straight what it is you're actually saying.

Nope! You most certainly did not get it straight.

I'm saying Bure played like the Russian Rocket and he produced significantly 1994. He carried that Canucks team for a good part.

Other players on the Rangers, in this case Richter, stood on an even taller mountain of clutch.

Rick Nash not only didn't play as a power forward, but he also barely produced on the scoresheet.

I'm sorry if my snark pissed you off, but this last argument is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with my original post about "the save."

This was total left field bro.

Last edited:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Nope! You most certainly did not get it straight.

I'm saying Bure played like the Russian Rocket and he produced significantly 1994. He carried that Canucks team for a good part.

Other players on the Rangers, in this case Richter, stood on an even taller mountain of clutch.

Rick Nash not only didn't play as a power forward, but he also barely produced on the scoresheet.

I'm sorry if my snark pissed you off, but this last argument is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with my original post about "the save."

This was total left field bro.

:laugh: I'm sorry I shouldn't have even said anything. You and I clearly can't talk about this. It's a shame because I really do respect your opinions and appreciate your posts in other threads, but this one just won't work out it seems. Whatever, I'll drop it. Let's all just hope Nash breaks out this post season, and I'll just leave it there. LGR.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
:laugh: I'm sorry I shouldn't have even said anything. You and I clearly can't talk about this. It's a shame because I really do respect your opinions and appreciate your posts in other threads, but this one just won't work out it seems. Whatever, I'll drop it. Let's all just hope Nash breaks out this post season, and I'll just leave it there. LGR.

The bolded is what I've been trying to say.

LGR! We want the cup!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A friend of mine recently said that Rick Nash is the most complete forward in the league, and you know what... :nod:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
A friend of mine recently said that Rick Nash is the most complete forward in the league, and you know what... :nod:

How the hell are you friends with Rick Nash's grandmother?

11081338_866201476777058_6100041241556901463_n.jpg

Last edited:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014

This season he is absolutely up there. I get that some are disappointed over last season's playoffs, but they are last season's playoffs (history). Looking forward to this year's playoffs and appreciate the amazing season Nash has had for us.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
7.8 Million is an expensive defensive forward . Not a luxury we can afford . I hope he can prove us all wrong and play like a possessed Getzlaf or Perry and take it all to the net on every shift....but in all honesty...I expect much of the same and without his scoring our back end crew will never be able win 16 one goal games . I don't care if we had two Kings in the net....you definitely need your best players doing what they are paid to do and for Nash it is scoring goals or at least creating chances for others and that does not include shooting from the corner....we have MSL doing enough of that already....no room there for another sniper doing that . :)

I think if he dries up in the playoffs ....we have to move him for someone that can contribute offensively after March 1st . That 7.8 could be used to add a different breed of forward we could use like a Corey Perry type .

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This season he is absolutely up there. I get that some are disappointed over last season's playoffs, but they are last season's playoffs (history). Looking forward to this year's playoffs and appreciate the amazing season Nash has had for us.
Unfortunately, his playoff woes are not just from last year. They are historical. 5 goals in 41 games. So, yeah, there is ample reason to worry. Which is not to say that his season is not appreciated and that we all do not hope that he turns his playoff fortunes around.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
LOL Reggie you're such a troll man...I remember the Nash debates from last year. I don't want to go through this again.

We are the #1 seed. I don't post here a lot anymore - partially becuase it's way too negative. I beleive in being objective/unbiased as a fan, but in the end, we are fans, and we are rooting for the boys in red, white and blue. Case in point - I hate Tanner Glass being in the lineup - but I don't actively root against him. I want him to score every shift he's on the ice.

I hope Nash scores in Game 1 to get some confidence going and continues to produce at a pace that is enough to satisfy your seething hatred for the man. And let's hope that lady luck is also on his side.

I have a feeling, even if he scores a few goals, each one will be picked apart and analyzed by some of you, to the point that it will be about whether or not he got lucky or actually deserved the goals.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
7.8 Million is an expensive defensive forward . Not a luxury we can afford . I hope he can prove us all wrong and play like a possessed Getzlaf or Perry and take it all to the net on every shift....but in all honesty...I expect much of the same and without his scoring our back end crew will never be able win 16 one goal games . I don't care if we had two Kings in the net....you definitely need your best players doing what they are paid to do and for Nash it is scoring goals or at least creating chances for others and that does not include shooting from the corner....we have MSL doing enough of that already....no room there for another sniper doing that . :)

I think if he dries up in the playoffs ....we have to move him for someone that can contribute offensively after March 1st . That 7.8 could be used to add a different breed of forward we could use like a Corey Perry type .

Nash's game is predicated on takeaways and driving to the net. If he's not driving to the net with the puck, then I'll be upset. I expect to see him driving to the net quite often.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
LOL Reggie you're such a troll man...I remember the Nash debates from last year. I don't want to go through this again.

We are the #1 seed. I don't post here a lot anymore - partially becuase it's way too negative. I beleive in being objective/unbiased as a fan, but in the end, we are fans, and we are rooting for the boys in red, white and blue. Case in point - I hate Tanner Glass being in the lineup - but I don't actively root against him. I want him to score every shift he's on the ice.

I hope Nash scores in Game 1 to get some confidence going and continues to produce at a pace that is enough to satisfy your seething hatred for the man. And let's hope that lady luck is also on his side.

I have a feeling, even if he scores a few goals, each one will be picked apart and analyzed by some of you, to the point that it will be about whether or not he got lucky or actually deserved the goals.

Troll, eh?

Didn't you tell me I was wrong about Nash each and every one of the 4 rounds?

Anyway, I want him to do well, but this is the Rick Nash thread, and these issues are still a concern for me, so I discuss them here.

And to set the record straight, many of my under the bridge [troll] sarcastic references were made to elucidate a faulty line in logic of a specific poster. It was a rhetorical device meant to soften the blow of disagreement.

I did this because it wasn't fun to have to defend myself for several days with posters who were not in it for a discussion. They were in it for an "intellectual" wrestling match.

Anyway, I've worked on being more direct without being too authoritative.

I'm concerned about Nash (rightfully so) because he is integral to our success, and I want him to do well.

giphy.gif

^Forums in General

LGR! & We Want the Cup!

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Are you insinuating that those that question his ability in the playoffs are actually rooting against him and do not want him to score??
I have been asking of those that post this. Please point out the post in which you see the hate. I have been looking for it and cannot find it. Show my which post you are referring to.
Based on what do you make your assumptions?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Unfortunately, his playoff woes are not just from last year. They are historical. 5 goals in 41 games. So, yeah, there is ample reason to worry. Which is not to say that his season is not appreciated and that we all do not hope that he turns his playoff fortunes around.

37 of those games came in the last two playoffs, neither of which Nash was healthy. He had what, 2 or 3 concussions and missed 20+ in the span of 8 months?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
37 of those games came in the last two playoffs, neither of which Nash was healthy. He had what, 2 or 3 concussions and missed 20+ in the span of 8 months?

So he played well in those playoffs after the concussions?

He has been playing the same style since the sore neck in February?

I'm under the impression that people assume that the posters who are frustrated hate him as a person or something like that.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Its amazing he could be a Selke* caliber defender with those injury woes.

*hyperbole alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad